Search results

1. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

It’s interesting what successive managements have looked at & for in the last 20 years. Keep doing the same thing, nothing changes……just saying.
  2. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I look at the team & wonder why Billy Hennessy isn’t one of the first guys on this Cork 15. I know he opted out but he and a half dozen of his calibre and attitude are needed on this squad.
  3. N

Players lost to GAA

Who did he play with? We might start restricting it to Cork Players. There’s the making a a serious alternative universe team taking shape!
  4. N

Players lost to GAA

A lot of players being identified. Is it just me of are there more players of the current era migrating to other sports than previously? Another couple not mentioned would be Simon Zebo & David Meyler. Did Caoimhin Kelleher ever play for Rockies/St Michael’s?
  5. N

Players lost to GAA

Yes, he was some player for Nemo & Chriost Rí
  6. N

Players lost to GAA

St Michael’s have had more than their share to name some recent underage inter county footballers who went across the water playing soccer & basketball. Damian Delaney Eoghan O’Connell Colin O’Reilly John Egan of Bishopstown also?
  7. N

Players lost to GAA

Dave Barry was certainly one shared. Contributed greatly to Cork Football resurgence in late 80’s Tomas O’Leary definitely & was unaware of Donal Linehan’s prior affiliation!
  8. N

Players lost to GAA

Ethan Varian - where has interest transferred to?
  9. N

Players lost to GAA

It’s been interesting to read about & see the performances this year of Ben O’Connor from St Finbarrs who by all accounts may well be wearing the red of Munster in the near future. What other clubs have lost potential stars & in turn lost to the county as well to Soccer, Rugby, Australian Rules...
  10. N

2022 Senior A football

A bit like the Ben O’Connor scenario for Barrs - the oval ball is rearing it’s ugly head here also I hear.
  11. N

2022 Premier Senior football

I think winning the hurling final took more out of the club that they realised. It was always going to be hard to lift to the heights required again after getting that monkey off the back. While Nemo “haven’t gone away you know” the scary thing for the Cork Club scene is that The Barrs are now...
  12. N

2022 Premier Senior football

To be fair the Kerrigans have been some servants for Nemo, Cork & Ireland. Two absolutely genuine men & I’m intrigued to know if there’s any more of the pedigree on the horizon? People talk about the O’Sés of Gaeltacht but the Kerrigans of Nemo have every bit of the pedigree also.
  13. N

2022 Senior A football

I didn’t hear the interview but he must’ve watching a different game. St Michael’s absolutely dominated for over 40 minutes yesterday. Poor shot selection & an unbelievable double save by the Knocknagree goalkeeper kept them in it. Additionally St Michael’s lost two central players to injury...
  14. N

2022 Premier Intermediate hurling

Joe Stack absolutely sick as a dog. Has vomited 5/6 times since half time. A huge loss if he can’t continue
  15. N

2022 Premier Senior Hurling

St Michael’s (Blackrock) through without any injuries tonight. Fingers crossed for St Finbarrs tomorrow
  16. N

2022 Senior A football

Knocknagree have 4 weeks now to get key men fit. Another promotion is within reach.
  17. N

2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Would have to think that Newtown & Erins Own have a slight advantage going into the semis & into the finals given their lack of involvement in the business end of Football Championships. St Finbarrs have Barrs (5) & Castlehaven (3) players involved in SFC QF/SF in the coming weeks Blackrock have...
  18. N

Cork Footballers

It appears a general admission, first up best dressed. Arrive early I’d say.
  19. N

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Looking at the last number years of inter county. games & watching Fitz as well as County Senior Hurling championship its not deck chairs on the titanic but square pegs in round holes. pick the best & most effective players in their positions. Time & again Cork selections are riddled with...
  20. N

2021 County Senior Football Championship

Two young players not really being given a go by the hurlers. Two lads with phenomenal engines & great attitudes.