Search results

1. H

What are you listening to right now???

This is from his last (wonderful) album. A beautiful reflection on the passing of his Irish parents and the atrophy that comes with time. The ‘hurling’ part could be a double entendre and a nod to his heritage. It is hard to know. He has so many great songs. I think this is up there with some of...
  2. H

Fundraiser for Statue Of Michael Collins in Patrick’s Street

Diarmaid Ferriter, the historian, reckons that Michael Collins was still a virgin when he died at 32. Am I correct in inferring from some of the posts that Collins was some kind of bender?
  3. H

Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

She has a huge humongous arse but a skinny (reasonably pretty) face. It’s a rare enough combination that some men like me can’t get enough of.
  4. H

Stephen Kenny Reign

You do know that Big Sam actually managed a LOI side for a couple of years, and (lesser point) is best mates with the Dav? I’m behind Stephen Kenny. See the group out at least. It’s still early days. Beat Greece at home, nick a draw in Paris, and who knows who Holland will take points from. It...
  5. H

The Toblerone Tunnel

I’m in favour of it.
  6. H

Peter Casey- and other presidential candidate spoofers

Casey owns Claddagh Resources - a rinky-dink, two-bit head hunting/job placement firm in the USA. Nothing special, there are tens of thousands similar firms in the US alone. I don’t see any worthwhile businesses attached to his name. He is also characterized as a millionaire. WTF, that’s nothing...
  7. H

the gym etiquette & hygene thread

I’m ok hons, but if you - 1) use an aerosol deodorant and spray the locker room with potentially lethal chemicals ... then, you’re a kunt 2) use the hairdryer (I don’t care how long your fucking hair is) ... then, you’re a kunt 3) don’t properly shower before you enter the swimming pool ...
  8. H

What do you call your mudder?

To me she was always 'Mum' I was brought up in a (let's say) lower middle class family. I heard 'Ma' a lot and also 'Mum' but rarely 'Mammy'. I heard my old fella let the 'Mammy' word slip a couple of times but he was from way up the country. Is 'Mammy' a country or Dublin expression. What do...
  9. H

We've had some great threads

We've had some great threads over the years .... the 'Fuck off Sun' thread .... and there was one a while back advocating that we should 'fill in the sea' or something like that. the Cork Developments and Prendeeville threads are required reading for any self respecting Corkonian. What have...
  10. H

How much do you save?

The stock market is at an all time high and we have a less than 7% unemployment rate. We are globally 9 or so years into a growth cycle. As sure as night follows day, there will be a downturn / recession and probably a severe one at that. The longer and steeper the upturn the sharper the...
  11. H

Cream crackers

Cream crackers Isn't it about time this magnificent and uniquely Irish snack got the recognition it deserves? I hear exiles mention taytos, ballymaloe relish, Barrys tea, crunchies, Irish sausages, club lemon etc etc ... but the overlooked and under appreciated lowly cream cracker seems to...
  12. H

Annual PROC armistice 2016

Although this doesn't apply to me as I am sure i am the very best of chums with all the regular posters here ... In this special week of the year, can we commit to putting all our acrimony, differences and rancour aside and ensure that the annual 24 hour PROC armistice is respected and...
  13. H

3 top LIVE sports events attended

These 3 memories I'll take to the grave. (Sometimes its what happens off the pitch that makes it so memorable) 1. 1974: Hibs - Celtic derby in FL. 18,000 attendance made memorable for the full scale boot boy riot on the stand side during the game. 2. 1983: Cork - Dublin AI SF replay at PUC...
  14. H

Insurance points

I got nabbed for speeding recently, my second offense in a couple of months. When I go for insurance next year, will it be better to have put the second offense on the wife's license, so we both have 3 points, or will it not make any difference if I have 6 points and she has none? Thanks in...
  15. H

Miley Cyrus

Anyone see her on the VMA's ? Between the nudity & the tramp stamps, a whitey trying to sound all ghetto ..... what a dirty little whore she turned out to be.
  16. H

Once great Cork pubs that have gone to sh*t

My vote is The Long Valley - TV's, diidley eye Irish music, bar staff no longer wearing aprons.
  17. H

Cork girl on the Voice UK

Anyone see this girl tonight? She made it to the next round. She picked Tom Jones as coach. There was a short video biopic before her performace. She is from somewhere up the Northside. She is 17 and has a belter of a voice. Thought she was great. Best of luck to her.
  18. H

Describing GAA players as elite or world class is just

Great article in yesterday's Sindo. Everyone should read this. Funny, it mirrors some points I made about the GAA in the Cork City thread a couple of days ago ;) ---------------------------------------------------------------- Eamonn Sweeney: Describing GAA players as elite or world class...