Search results

1. R

Patrick street, is it time to ditch those lights?

They were made for Spain and still look gammy. Is it time to have them rooted up and something more fitting added? Who gave them the actual go-ahead in the first place? and the giant sitting blocks?
  2. R

Douglas post office

Do they ever pick-up the phone? anyway...The ladies working down there and very nice/decent people who go out of their way to help ya, but the ol'boy down there is fierce cranky. I wonder whats wrong with him? its a nice enough gig and grand hours/time-off
  3. R

Random Indian/Pakistan lad calling about Microsoft

Random call this morning from an 001 number (U.S prefix) with this Indian or Pakistan lad on the other end. Claiming to be working for Microsoft and had to call me urgently as his system was showing my computer had a virus and needed his assistance urgently. He had no details on anything at all...
  4. R

wedding invites

two in the door this week! Would ye ever FUCK OFF!! I don't wanna come to your predictable fucking day thats gonna set me back a small fortune!
  5. R

Irish youngsters talking like yanks

Seriously, you know who you are!
  6. R

Tetleys Tea..the fuckers

I hope our Barrys isn't up to this shit http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/video/2014/mar/01/tetley-tea-maids-real-price-cup-tea-video
  7. R

The state of hash back in the day

Pre-grass days in Cork, hash was your main man. Filthy dirty shit so it was, bits of twine, plastic, petrol taste e.t.c and you could get a 5 spot. Bad bad days. We also wore an onion in our belts, which was the fashion at the time
  8. R

Longest you've ever been unemployed

5 months for myself
  9. R

IT salaries

Jaysus lads, there huge in San Francisco. How are they here? for example what are google paying gross, for engineers?
  10. R

James Corden

Cannot believe he got to present the brits again tonight. This fake gay shit with that other talentless camp tool Nick Grimshaw, was just painful to watch. The bum-chuming with one direction and positively un-coolness of him in general, harks the question how he's gotten to where he is?
  11. R

MTV thinking about doing an event in Cork

Its all here, no doubt they'd be looking at a Cork version of 16 and pregnant http://corkindependent.com/20140213/news/mtv-to-come-to-cork-S79662.html
  12. R

Garth Brooks for the Opera House

Their queueing already.....
  13. R

The National Anthem

Does anybody even know the words, what they mean or can sing it? I whole heartily put the blame for our crap knowledge of the Irish language on the shitty primary school delinquent teachers who treated it like maths, english e.t.c, i.e just another boring subject
  14. R

The English Market chancers

Honestly, who do they think they'd be foolin! Granted the meat can be decently priced, but those west britty shops on the other side....christ, give us a break lads, crazy feckin prices
  15. R

Honey

What classifies as good "real" honey?
  16. R

The price of blueberries and raspberries

fucking outrages. I know they've become popular since everyone in Ireland became a surfer who ate porridge, but FFS, Dunnes are charging over 3 euro for a tiny serving of them.
  17. R

Affairs

Who's done one? and when did you pull the plug? also why did you do it?
  18. R

The safe life

Who here has stepped into the safe life, i.e regular job, 2 weeks hols a year, kids, marriage and mortgage? How is it and do you ever panic about it? or wish you hadn't or are perfectly happy with the predictable nature of it all?
  19. R

the anglo lads

amazing..its just disappeared into thin air, the lads are off the hook and the country is all but forgotten them. Seriously, did they really get away with the whole thing?