1. P

Wetherspoons for Cork. Where?

this was the best part of the video imo :D
  2. P

What a hellhole.
  3. P

Flood warning for Cork

You think that a 737 burns around 25 tonnes of fuel an hour? Any idea how it carries that kind of weight around?
  4. P

Cork city has gone to the dogs.

And the problem here is that people equate the homeless problem with people lying on the side of the street. For the most part, those people are addicts and many wouldn’t be ‘homeless’ without their addiction, and even then some aren’t actually homeless at all.
  5. P

Prime Time last night was Cork based

I think their main issue with libraries is that none of them can actually read.
  6. P

How many Pride weekends are there?

I think their main problem with libraries is that none of them can actually read.
  7. P

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Does anyone know when the tickets for the Waterford game go on sale? I can’t see any information on a date anywhere.
  8. P

worst and best chinese take away in cork

It’s definitely on Douglas Street, on the corner of Summerhill South.
  9. P

The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

I have my doubts about this. Yeah, the narrative you speak of is put out there a lot, but the players, for a long time, have been more from Cork than Limerick. Generally it’s 2:1. So we’re either genetically superior (I’m not ruling this out) :D or, more likely, Rugby is more popular in Cork, by...
  10. P

worst and best chinese take away in cork

2nd vote here for Jade Palace on Douglas Street. Very reasonable and always excellent. It’s some turnaround from The Golden Dragon that was there before. We used to call it “The Golden Rat”, or “The Rat” for short.
  11. P

Epic moment from Alex Jones on Infowars

That’s a fairly strange opinion to have given that he’s already admitted that he knows it was real.
  12. P

The Sultans of Ping F.C.

The album ‘Casual Sex in the Cineplex’ is absolutely fantastic imo. But each to their own I suppose.
  13. P

Wuhan Wheeze

I’m hearing of a lot of people getting it over the last few weeks. All of the people I’ve heard would be in the same boat, i.e. didn’t test positive until now. They were usually in the “I must have had it and didn’t know it” gang. I was surrounded by so much Covid from November to February that...
  14. P

Must.... Own....property....

Exact same situation here. I’m torn between wanting to be in Cork and Kilkenny actually being a nice place to live. When the Kilkenny jersey appears it’ll be too late!
  15. P

Kilkenny is a superb spot. If you’re basing it on Langtons and surrounding bars, then yes, but you’re in the wrong place.
  16. P

Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

I can't understand how they can refute large reputable organisations, satellite imagery and common sense because some guy who hasn't hadn't had a shower in a few weeks said so. The anti-vaxxers were the same last year. Dirty b@stards. It's always a red flag.
  17. P

Have you had Covid?

I had Delta back in November. Basically, it felt like I had a severe hangover for the initial symptoms. Then progressed to extreme tiredness. The isolation was worse though tbh. The entire family and extended family have had Omicron since then though.
  18. P

Wuhan Wheeze

You might need to take that up with the South African medical agencies.
  19. P

Wuhan Wheeze

Hospitalisations will shoot up as incidental cases are found. In South Africa, the bulk of “hospitalisations” have been incidental, i.e. people that are going for other reasons. They must be treated the same as people being admitted for covid. The reason it’ll shoot up is that the prevalence in...
  20. P

Wuhan Wheeze

Because 5 days is the average incubation period for Delta pre symptoms. I came back from London on the 13th November. I did daily antigen tests, but ran out of them and didn't test on 16th. Tested again on 17th and was positive. PCR also positive. The negativity around Omicron at the moment is...