Search results

1. J

The Girl Effect

not just a pretty face, then... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIvmE4_KMNw
  2. J

Sky Dish

Anyone tell me can you get a signal if you put a Sky dish in the attic / loft? Is there any other way of getting a signal - apart from going to the moon!
  3. J

Buying a stove

Thinking of investing in a multi-fuel stove ... anyone out there recommend a reliable dealer with good back-up service?
  4. J

PinEnergy

Just toying around with the idea of changing to pay-as-you-go electricity. Anyone have any experience of the above? Is it better value?
  5. J

Inserting video into sidebar?

Any quick guide to the above? Bullet-pointed steps would be useful - WP platform. Do you need to have the FTP code before you can add a text widget? Tnx
  6. J

FAO:Matlock

Matty - could you answer this one... Someone is arrested and questioned and told a file is being sent to the DPP. Later they're told the case is being dropped. Does that person have the right to check it out with the DPP if they think they were only being ball hopped by the shades? Can...
  7. J

Michael Lyster

Is the man ill or what? Watched him on Sunday night and he looks very unwell.
  8. J

Lightscribe

Can I engrave a label or image using Lightscribe software on a non-Lightscribe CD?
  9. J

Burning a CD

Any ideas as to why a 98.4MB wma file won't burn to a 700MB formatted RW disc? I'm stumped!
  10. J

Dreamtime Revisited

Anyone know if this is being screened in Cork?
  11. J

Paul O'Connor R.I.P.

A colleague, a gentleman. One in a million. At peace. http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/shock-as-fitzgibbon-cup-legend-dies-208355.html
  12. J

East Village Douglas

Called in here for a bite to eat last week...what a load of crap. Ordered a warm chicken salad (nicely priced at €12.95 I hasten to add) and was served a well-presented dish dressed with processed chicken slices that came out of a Denny packet! What a bleedin' 'orrible joint. Epic FAIL...
  13. J

wot a load of bollix

social networking, that is. Virtual friends? I am asking a serious question here...what are the ramifications of the exponential rise in this phenomenon? what does it say about our ability to engage in human interaction? what are we saying about ourselves, our species? it does not bode well.
  14. J

How to boycott Israeli products

If we are really serious about bringing a change to the Palestinian situation - check this out. Take action. http://www.ipsc.ie/campaigns_consumer_boycott.php
  15. J

More Mockery

Is Sepp Blatter for real? Is he having a laugh or what? Arrogant, corrupt fat bastard! If you haven't seen it, check out his smart-ass, sniggering, crowd-pleasing dismissal of a nation's hope...
  16. J

Editing wma or mp3

is there recommended software that will allow vocal editing of wma or mp3 files so they can be used to create backing tracks?
  17. J

IRAQ - Boo hoo - The Glorius Dead

The truth is finally out. And surprise, surprise, the 'Great British Public' is baying for blood. This time, it's imperial blood. The blame game is on. Having fooled their under-educated population that Britannia still ruled the waves the fools went off to fight a fools war. And now that...
  18. J

Channel 139 - More4

Great show - old show - on now. Class acting.
  19. J

Why would you vote yes...

for a treaty to which you have already said No? for a treaty that has undergone No changes for a treaty that promises gold but offers dust? to a treaty that treats you with total disdain - after all, our country was the only one allowed to have a say .... and because they didn't like our...
  20. J

Ireland Needs A Leader Like This

America, Canada , all Europe ..... Needs a President like this Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks...