Search results

1. Y

What Was Your Favourite Ever Year?

This can be for sporting or personal reasons, but for me it would want to be some year to top 1990. Ireland at Italia 90 and a Cork double what a year to be alive!:D
  2. Y

When Did Cork Start To Decline As A City?

I suppose it was sometime after 2014 really. Was it 2015 or 2016 that the homeless people tents started going up by the river? Then these ugly building and soulless glass boxes started going up down around the docks. The Horgans Quay development and the Dean hotel are ugly buildings that mar the...
  3. Y

Will We Ever See Offaly Back At Hurlings Top Table?

For a county with such a small poplulation, Offaly have punched way above their weight, with four hurling all Irelands, and three football all Irelands.But it's nearly 20 years since Offaly have done anything of note, in both hurling and football.They haven't really done anything since beating...
  4. Y

The Russian Premier League

Im probably sending signals out into dead air here lol.But does anyone watch this league.If you do what team do you support.I would be a CSKA Moscow man myself.The old red Army team.:bday: Vagner Love what a player.:bday: P1ExP4JPowY _SMemI95eYI
  5. Y

The Official Sheffield United Thread

To be fair Bramall Lane is a nice ground.That fat goalkeer they had in the late 19th/early 20th century Fatty Foulkes, was quite an amusing figure.I don't mind Dave Basset.Brian Deane was a fine player.Neil Warnock is one of footballs all time great personalities.Chris Wilder has done a great to...
  6. Y

The Official Derby County Thread

Derby County eh.Proud holders of the lowest ever recorded points total in english top flight history.:mrgreen: :lol!: :bday: 1 win, 8 draws and 29 defeats, and a grand total of 11 points.With 20 goals scored, 89 goals conceded and a goal difference of minus 69. Derby Countys dismal 2007-2008...
  7. Y

The Official John Sheridan Tribute Thread

Great player for the owls.Im sure most United fans won't begrudge Wednesday that league cup win in 1991.:bday: ew_J1L8XU-k A goal worthy of winning any cup final i think. Wh_DXoRHfjk
  8. Y

Juventus or Ac Milan Juvey or Meelan

We're talking about the (with an honorable mention to Inter Milan) two biggest clubs in Italian football.I always had a preference for Juventus, despite them beating Ajax in the 1996 champions league final.I just loved that Juventus team of the mid 1990's, and Alessandro Del Piero is like one of...
  9. Y

The Former Yugoslavia Football Team

They had a serious team in the early 1990's.Of course Red Star Belgrade also won the European cup in 1991.Remember now that the old Yugoslavia team also had the pick of Croatia as well.I really do think they would have won Euro 1992, and they would have gone close to winning the world cup in...
  10. Y

Highbury

Great ground and sadly missed.Arsenal leaving there was a big mistake imo.
  11. Y

Scotland

I've actually never been to Scotland before.But i think it's about high time i visit Glasgow or Edinburgh.What are peoples experiences of both cities?My impression i guess would be that Glasgow would be a bit rougher and gritty, compared to the more scenic Edinburgh.Maybe im being harsh, but i...
  12. Y

Long Live Frank Murphy

Our glorious leader here for another year.Eight years on from one more year.Long live Frankie Putin. Edit:Shit there's a load of Frank Murohy threads up lol.But this is the official tribute thread from his biggest critic.Fair play Frank your some operator.Yourself and Putin have a lot in...
  13. Y

2017 All Ireland Hurling Final Who Do You Want To Win

Galway and Wahurford it is.I hope Waterford do it.They have had a longer wait than Galway and to be honest i get on with the Waterford hurling people more than i do the Galway hurling people.The Galway crowd around me will be unbearable if they win.So Cork to win the minor match and Wahurford...
  14. Y

Spiderman Put's Some Manners On Dublin Junkie

NUgMCPqpIW0
  15. Y

Shelbourne FC

Anyone else here enjoying watching that shower rot in the nether regions of the league of Ireland first division?I sure am anyway.Never liked Shelbourne over the way they cheated their way to success during the Pat Fenlon/Ollie Byrne years.
  16. Y

North Main Street Shopping Centre

I just had a look in there a few days ago.Every unit with the shutters up bar just two stores at the very front.No sign of any life except the security guard wandering around.The closure of the Dunnes Stores there killed it.
  17. Y

Eir Modem Problem

My modem seems to be restarting and dropping it's connection a lot lately.This happened 4 times in as many minutes this afternoon but the connection has been stable since.Im wondering is there a fault with my phone line or is it a sign that i need to get a new modem?The modem i have now is 4...
  18. Y

The Old Championship Structure

Remember the old days?1 defeat and bang your summer is over.Now with all the effort intercounty players put in, the old structure had to change.There's no going back to the old ways.But the championship doesn't really get started until August now imo.The old system had to go but i think a lot of...
  19. Y

Man Stabbed In Eye In Cork Pub

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Man-stabbed-in-the-eye-in-Cork-pub-31c02b92-4b33-4b69-9394-61797e3023f8-ds You could have a field day with the puns but that's the sort of thing you normally only hear about happening in places like Limerick or up north.What a low life going around shoving...
  20. Y

The Mister Bob Backlund Appreciation Thread

The greatest heel in wrestling history imo.I think there's a bit of Bob Backlund in us all.:p