Pubs reopening June 29th

I went out for lunch today and it really put the price of drink into perspective.

We were in Amicus for lunch, I had a toasties which was €10 and my fellow diner had a Quesadilla which was €13. We just had tap water so the bill came to €23, or €25 with a tip.

Very good value for a meal for two in a very nice city centre restaurant.

Amicus sells pints of Heino for €6.40 a pop. If we had a few of those then all of a sudden the bill is moving closer to €50.

People say Ireland is an expensive place to go out in. Its not, its an expensive place to go out drinking in.

As a few on here have probably figured out by now I'd be more than a bit fond of a few beers. To the stage where it has become a big problem. But the latest price increase has come at the perfect time for me. I just refuse to pay over €6 for a pint of Guinness. The Revolut app is lethal as it shows you how much you've spent each day, and fuck me do those pints add up. Five pints is the price of a flight to Scotland these days like. And at this point of my life I'd rather a day out in Edinburgh than pissing away €30 in some pub toilet.

The girlfriend even commented last weekend on Sunday that I'd drank less all weekend than I would have drank on a Saturday night previously. Pubs can keep raising their prices, not my problem anymore. I'm happier with the €6 in my pocket these days. :)

I went out for lunch today and it really put the price of drink into perspective.

We were in Amicus for lunch, I had a toasties which was €10 and my fellow diner had a Quesadilla which was €13. We just had tap water so the bill came to €23, or €25 with a tip.

Amicus sells pints of Heino for €6.40 a pop. If we had a few of those then all of a sudden the bill is moving closer to €50.

People say Ireland is an expensive place to go out in. Its not, its an expensive place to go out drinking in.

As a few on here have probably figured out by now I'd be more than a bit fond of a few beers. To the stage where it has become a big problem. But the latest price increase has come at the perfect time for me. I just refuse to pay over €6 for a pint of Guinness. The Revolut app is lethal as it shows you how much you've spent each day, and fuck me do those pints add up. Five pints is the price of a flight to Scotland these days like. And at this point of my life I'd rather a day out in Edinburgh than pissing away €30 in some pub toilet.

The girlfriend even commented last weekend on Sunday that I'd drank less all weekend than I would have drank on a Saturday night previously. Pubs can keep raising their prices, not my problem anymore. I'm happier with the €6 in my pocket these days. :)
Moe,in 1971 the average industrial weekly wage bought you 100.pints of guiness ,
Today it buys you 161 pints .
It’s way cheaper in real terms .
I’ll leave ye too it.

Very well said.

Fantastic attitude to the gouging.. 👏👏

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼