Places that won't reopen

Sabor, the top, top Brazilian eatery on Washington Street, is packed every time I go in there. A lot of their meals go for €13-€16. How are they managing it?

Sabor, the top, top Brazilian eatery on Washington Street, is packed every time I go in there. A lot of their meals go for €13-€16. How are they managing it?

They could be paying a very small rent. You just don't know

Burnt were probably paying top dollar for a large unit on Cork's main dining street, Rue Clairemont 🍴

Not many, no. Why do you ask? Have you some kind of leather fetish or something?

not everything has to be reduced to eroticism and fetish, lad. i was merely asking if you had many
leather-bound books. your jumping to conclusions can hardly be attributed to my enquiry as to your library.

They could be paying a very small rent. You just don't know

Burnt were probably paying top dollar for a large unit on Cork's main dining street, Rue Clairemont 🍴
Sabor is fairly small, but they have an upstairs too. You'd wonder, all right. I'd like to know the rental differences between streets.

Sabor is fairly small, but they have an upstairs too. You'd wonder, all right. I'd like to know the rental differences between streets.

Rent is just one element of it. When you start thinking of all the costs incurred such as stock, wages, insurance, rates etc, it's actually scary.

The guy who owns 3 Little Piggies Cafe on Union Quay was in the Echo recently and said that if he was starting again there's no way he'd have his own business, he'd work for someone else.

I see that fella setting up the outside tables at 6am in the morning when I'm getting an early train to Dublin. The work that these people put into keeping their businesses going is unbelievable.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼