Budget 2023

And the reason I call you Cunt is because you're a cunt m8.
So you go on calling me Chippy and everyone else what ever retarded names you want and I'll go on calling you Cunt m8.

đź‘Ť

I don't call everyone else retarded names. I didn't even call you a retarded name. If that's what you took from it though then I guess the cap fits.

m8 :ROFLMAO:

Last year according to your figures the ESB made 679Million of PROFIT. And yet the HSE etc now paying last year's prices to the ESB means the ESB are, according to you, selling to them at a loss??? :oops:
That's some "loss" when you extraplate it to 679Million profit.

You are fake news!
The ESB are selling them gas at last years prices, gas has increased threefold therefore they are selling to them and others on fixed rate contracts at a loss, they are not selling to us at a loss. Are you really that stupid you can't figure that out?

And if you want an example of how this could have played out, just look at Germany's largest energy provider Uniper who last quarter made a 12 billion euro loss because of all the fixed rate contracts they had to honour, and have subsequently been nationalised.

You are idiot news.

The ESB are selling them gas at last years prices, gas has increased threefold therefore they are selling to them and others on fixed rate contracts at a loss, they are not selling to us at a loss. Are you really that stupid you can't figure that out?

And if you want an example of how this could have played out, just look at Germany's largest energy provider Uniper who last quarter made a 12 billion euro loss because of all the fixed rate contracts they had to honour, and have subsequently been nationalised.

You are idiot news.
You are just wasting your time as he is fiscally challenged and at every stage he is always reduced to: "Why can't the baddy utility providers just give the people the money"

You are idiot news.

You said the ESB were selling them gas and ELECTRICITY at last years prices. What fraction of their sales are fixed rate contracts for gas and electricity to the government agencies that your so sure they turned what had been a 679M profit into a loss that now needs to be paid for by the general public??? Much of the ESB's electricity generation isn't dependent on gas so even the threefold increase in price of gas this year is extremely unlikely to convert a 679M profit into the loss you're trying to claim.

I don't call everyone else retarded names. I didn't even call you a retarded name. If that's what you took from it though then I guess the cap fits.

m8 :ROFLMAO:
Let's see, I'm Chippy, Hank is Zero, you had some other retarded name for Jimmy and that's off the top of my head. I think there's more as well. What ever floats your boat Cuntm8
I personally think Cuntm8 is a great name for a IRA atrocity apologist, a Russian atrocity denier, a person who libels rape victims, a propagandist, a sectarian bigot and an all around liar.
So let's all carry on, happy out..
:lol!:

Let's see, I'm Chippy, Hank is Zero, you had some other retarded name for Jimmy and that's off the top of my head. I think there's more as well. What ever floats your boat Cuntm8
I personally think Cuntm8 is a great name for a IRA atrocity apologist, a Russian atrocity denier, a person who libels rape victims, a propagandist, a sectarian bigot and an all around liar.
So let's all carry on, happy out..
:lol!:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Jarry felt that clatter in Hellfast.

You said the ESB were selling them gas and ELECTRICITY at last years prices. What fraction of their sales are fixed rate contracts for gas and electricity to the government agencies that your so sure they turned what had been a 679M profit into a loss that now needs to be paid for by the general public??? Much of the ESB's electricity generation isn't dependent on gas so even the threefold increase in price of gas this year is extremely unlikely to convert a 679M profit into the loss you're trying to claim.
I never said they are making a loss, I'm the one who gave you their profit figures ffs!! So what exactly do you think I'm trying to claim??

I said they are making a loss on the gas and electricity they are selling at fixed prices (under the public procurement process which applies to all government departments), and the general public are hence paying over (lets say 15%) what we should be paying so as ESB can keep their margins at 10% or whatever they are, to offset these losses.

Now lest you think the HSE and other government agencies don't use much electricity, well the public sector employs 300 thousand people in Ireland, that is quite a significant number, add in a hospital like CUH which has the power on basically 24/7, it probably (guessing here) uses as much electricity as Midleton or a similar sized town. How many hospitals in Ireland? All getting electricity at a third of the market rate.

I'm not sure when the current public tender agreement rolls off, but I would imagine when it does individual households will benefit somewhat as the HSE et al will be locked into higher prices, which means the general public won't be charged to subsidise these organisations, which is currently the case.

Of course if gas prices crashed and the HSE et al were locked in at higher rates for a few years than they would end up subsidising us to an extent.

I better give you an example, as I don't want to be replying to you all week.

You buy two apples for 5 euro (2.5 Euro each) and have a 100% margin which means you sell each apple for 5 euro and make a 5 euro profit in total and a profit on each apple of 2.5 Euros.

Now suppose you have a contract with Kingy to sell him an apple for 1 Euro then you have to sell the other apple to me for 9 Euro to maintain your 100% margin.

You still make your 5 euro profit, but you made a loss of 1.5 Euro on the apple you sold to Kingy and a profit of 6.5 Euros on the apple you sold to me. Therefore I have basically subsidised Kingy.

Hope that explains things to you.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

29th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Indie/Folk Music

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼