Recent content by NorthCorkGAAPanda

1. N

It took Gaza to put Gardai in the City Centre

Fully agree with that point. City based myself. I see all the characters/undesirable etc. I think that’s why we are all so frustrated with the lack of policing etc, as it is as clear as day for anyone who’s in town frequently. One point I would make, since that foreign business lady was attacked...
  2. N

Cork u20 Football 2024

Hurling consists of two red teams, 25 per squad, A and B practically. The white team is a mere development squad, with considerably less contact hours with players. As for football, regional based. North, West, Mid and a City/East combination, who are arguably the strongest (West or...
  3. N

One of the reasons we can’t have guards on the beat is our courtrooms- it’s appalling that guards are in inside the district court for the day. Such a simple fix and would alleviate so much pressure. I see your point 100%, but the undesirables undoubtedly still float around, do they just stand...
  4. N

2nd person I have heard say to have noted similar You are the third person I have heard similar from today. I spoke to one retail manager earlier who was up 120% on last year. They had actually anticipated a worse day on last year due to decent weather etc, and the usual commentary! Do you...
  5. N

The characters of Cork

Yes, we’ve the same fella. Surprised he hasn’t been mentioned more on here. Seems harmless, seen him helping drunks a few times late at night. Didn’t know he was sleeping rough.
  6. N

The characters of Cork

Does he resemble Mick Wallace? Often wears striped oversized shirts and working style boots?
  7. N

Price Of A Bazzer In Cork?

Has he a shop in Mallow by any chance? Sounds like a barber I used to go to.
  8. N

Cork u20 Football 2024

Alan O' Connell has had lingering hamstring injuries for over 6 months, at least. My understanding is that is why he is not involved. Great player. I questioned the Colm Gillespie situation here previously, very unusual. With the current player pathway, a starter at u17 is almost guaranteed to...
  9. N

The characters of Cork

Paul Stewart (RIP). As harmless as they come. As you said, died during Covid years. Could be wrong, but in and around the time of his death, his bench in MQ was removed.
  10. N

Cork u20 Football 2024

What became of Colm Gillespie (Aghabullogue)?
  11. N

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

I know for a fact Noonan was watched and given chances. He even played a challenge for the minors against the 16s in February. Colin Ruby was also monitored.
  12. N

The Gaelic Football Thread

I would be shocked if Harte deploys that way of thinking. Derry were cool as a breeze at full time, eyes on the upcoming championship.
  13. N

Dublin undoubtedly went after today's game and wanted a performance/result. They won't be tested again until All Irelnad Series. They will learn from today without question, they showed good character to get back in to the game 3 times. But at the same time, had Derry been more clinical (goal...
  14. N

I originally thought it was red, then on the second viewing I felt it was a yellow. I don't think BF went for his face. In the pub now, and strong debate that it was a black - third man tackle. Now I am leaning that way. Lane had a shocker today, and I most certainly am not his biggest fan...
  15. N

Cork Characters

Believe it or not, that is a different lady. Trolley/hurley lady has dark hair. Very sad both cases.