Recent content by meetyouatgrandparade

1. M

2. M

Front door

Ok lads, I'm currently looking at getting my front door changed to improve security and energy saving. From initial research, a composite door seems to be both secure and energy efficient. "Palladio" appear to be a popular type of them. Does anyone have anything to contribute on this...
  3. M

Healthy dinner recipes

I'm trying to cut back on red meat, pasta and 'bad' carbs and try and have as much veg as possible. It's being going well so far and I've not really gone astray. I'm running out of ideas for dinners though. So far I've made chicken curry with own spices and yoghurt. Chicken stir fry with...
  4. M

What sport did you get your kids to try?

I have a son who is turning 5 and there is loads of choice with regard to sports. GAA, soccer and rugby have the best facilities. It's hard to do it all and difficult to assess what he actually enjoys at this young age. I think one indoor sport is important as well to keep active during the...
  5. M

Home heating

I got myself a gaff there at the start of the summer. It's a 2 storey detached with a C3 BER so it was grand during the summer. It is GFCH and in fairness it's not too cold at all. I'd like to get an insert stove put in to the fireplace(currently has a gas fire in there) - can anyone recommend...
  6. M

Astro turf/5 a side

What ones in the city do you recommend? I'm only familiar with the CIT ones? Trying to get a group of us playing once a week during the summer months.
  7. M

PED's in GAA?

Every other sport is riddled with drugs so why not the GAA? 'Fitness' levels seem to be getting higher every year...
  8. M

Websites for last minute holidays

I have booked time off work this year for August but can't decide on where to go. I had hoped to go to Viareggio(Adriatic coast - near Pisa) but Ryanair flights are a bit pricey at this stage. So anyway I've decided to just bide my time and look for a last minute deal online. The only website...
  9. M

How much money did Mattie make off of legal aid in '11?

Well Mattie, care to share? Frank Buttimer got close to a million.
  10. M

Back pain.

I woke up about 3 weeks ago with a very stiff lower back. It hasn't really got any worse or much better really. Anytime I've had something similar in the past it only lasted a day or two but I can't shake this one off. Where would you recommend I go to get it sorted? Physio, chiropractor...
  11. M

Thailand- koh pangan and koh samui

I'm planning on go to the above islands after a few nights in Bangkok. Myself and the missus will probably go mid September. We re looking for nice resorts with good beaches and a bit of choice for nightlife. We re not too bothered about full moon parties so we might go to the North of Koh...
  12. M

Anyone got a stream for Man Utd v Chelsea?

All the usual ones I use are not great at the moment.
  13. M

Dingle restaurant?

Ill be there next weekend. Can any of ye recommend a nice Restaurant, preferably a seafood one?
  14. M

Did anyone count...

how many times "I suppose" was said by the GAA lads last night on the Late Late. I think they must have had a bet on to see how many times they could get it into their interview. I suppose Lar Corbett won.
  15. M

where to park in thurles ?

I'm going to the schools final today. I usually get the train. Where's good to park?