Recent content by esplanade

1. E

Bic 7'9 surfboard and O Neill Epic mens 5/3 wetsuit

Edit: the board has been sold Edit: wetsuit sold
  2. E

Transfer of ownership

Hi folks, I'm going to be selling my car privately (ad to follow) and was hoping that someone could clarify the situation: once the cash has changed hands and I've sent the log to Shannon, does the legally car belong to the buyer or is the transfer only complete when Shannon actually receives...
  3. E

For sale: beginner surfboard & wetsuit

I'm off to sunnier climes so I'm selling this gear in the hopes that I'll be using a shorter board and no wetsuit when I get there :D 7'9" Bic surfboard with fins, leash, and carry bag. Good for beginner. O Neill mens' Epic 5/3 wetsuit with size 10 O Neill Epic booties (5m)...
  4. E

Saint Enda

Excellent photo at the top of this story showing Enda with an EU themed halo.
  5. E

Minute's silence in Thomond Park

Who was that for?
  6. E

Some guy wanks off outside The Boardwalk?

I was passing by The Boardwalk yesterday evening only to see a man at one of the outside tables standing up with his pants around his ankles and his hands down his jocks. I'm not saying that he was definitely wanking off...but he was having a good old rummage around down there...
  7. E

Alts in real life (kind of)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2012/0913/1224323957197.html
  8. E

Cork-produced surfboard

Has anyone heard of these guys? I like the idea of supporting a local business and they seem to do a good deal. Any comments?
  9. E

Would you have this fella draft your will?

He looks like he wants a slot on Celebrity Solicitors - http://www.livingsocial.com/ireland/cities/513-cork/deals/395458-will-drafting Also, if he can afford to do it for 9 yoyos today, why is his usual charge so fucking scandalous?
  10. E

Private events in public places

Specifically, I'm talking about the Irish Examiner Food Festival taking place in Fitzgerald's Park in a couple of weeks. If I understand correctly (and if I don't, please correct me), the majority of the park will be cut off (the area by the playground remains publicly accessible) to all except...
  11. E

Laughing at the shop assistant

Was it rude? I asked him the price of a 2 gig DDR2 SODIMM and (ignoring the fact that he asked whether it was for a laptop or a desktop) when he told me it was 70 euro I laughed in his face and had to excuse myself. I swear that he looked insulted. I'm clearly in the wrong business if this is...
  12. E

Zombie Apocalypse

If you've got an Android phone and fear the zombie horde (or savour tasty brains), check this out (location-based game).
  13. E

Host family for Spanish student

A friend of mine in Spain has a student who wants to visit the People's Republic this Summer; does anyone know of any families/agencies in the city?
  14. E

Rugby bar in Dublin?

I'm heading up to Dublin this weekend; anyone know where in the city centre I can catch the Munster game?
  15. E

Aer Lingus don't speak Irish

Just tried to book flights on aerlingus.com - put in my buddy's name, which contains the character 'á' and was told that I had used an invalid character, please go fix it. This is under an instruction to enter names "as they appear on passports". WTF?