Recent content by El Guapo

1. E

The Official Athletics Thread

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/articles/c51nw1jqwd7o Big PB for Sophie Becker in Belfast, 51.13 is a massive jump for her. Nice to see Darragh get a win, even a modest one. The Brit Phoebie Gill in the 800, Holy shit
  2. E

The Official Swimming Thread

Dolphin SC announced that they have taken delivery of a steel sectioned 50m olympic spec pool. It was used as the warm up pool for the Birmingham Comm Games. They need to fundraise the.building to go around it so lots of work but fair play to them I know BPT is a club officer there. Well...
  3. E

Memorable hurling matches

Theo Dorgan had a good effort also https://www.poetryinternational.com/en/poets-poems/poems/poem/103-12493_THE-MATCH-DOWN-THE-PARK
  4. E

Immigration Thread

Dripsey?
  5. E

Doha DL tomorrow virgin media 2 from 17:00. More shadow boxing in the DL with some bits and pieces but no real head to head clashes. Everyone seems to be saving themselves for Pre. Sarah Healy, Sarah Lavin and Andrew Coscoran are all in there...
  6. E

I don't know what to make of this
  7. E

what book you reading at the moment? (incl poll)

Just finished 26 Marathons by Meb Keflezighi. Good if you could use a dose of positivity in your life. Each chapter is a reflection on one of his Marathons and the lessons he took from it. Zero dirt or score settling, all wholesome stuff. you'd want to be into it. i was as it happens, but...
  8. E

Jesus lads, 'tis looking like BREXIT!

Why are they out of work? Diversity that's why. PC gone mad
  9. E

From Justin Gatlin's podcast
  10. E

The inevitable Bekele v Kipchoge showdown inches ever closer
  11. E

Eurovision

Nah, not even close..Just because you don't like something doesn't make it shit. Because you're Irish you see it through a lens of Charlie McGettigan, Dana and J-Lo but it gets 180 million viewers annually for a singing and dancing show. About a 3rd of a Champion's League Final. It sells out...
  12. E

i think she's in a group of about 6 who can legitimately go into a final with expectations of winning. i think if they run a final 100 times she wins a medal fifty or 60 times and gold maybe 10 times. In order from most likely, this is my opinion. may as well throw shit at a wall though as me...
  13. E

Ireland becoming a consistant relay finalist is nothing short of a Cinderella story. Its about as unlikely a sporting achievement any you would care to mention. Its Ireland Beating England and Pakistan at cricket. It's Kerry Winning a munster Hurling final. It's Leicester winning the Premier...
  14. E

IRELAND NAME TEAMS FOR WORLD ATHLETICS RELAYS FINALS Ireland have confirmed their team selections for the finals of the World Athletics Relays that take place in Nassau, the Bahamas in the early hours of tomorrow morning. The Mixed and Women’s 4x400m relay teams will be back in action...
  15. E

Barr had quotes in thre examiner saying he got fairly frustrated with the official. Good Photo too. i know its only a photo and you can't see what happened before or after, but this looks to me like a perfect blind hand-off between Phil Healy and Sharlene Mawdsley while Yeargon to Lina Neilsen...