Recent content by corkoniense

1. C

Lisbon II and NAMA: What shoud a responsible citizen do?

Lisbon II and NAMA: What shoud a responsible citizen do? I've rarely liked the idea of referenda, as the form of direct democracy they provide allows weak politicians escape the responsibilty of governing. The only instances I think a referendum can be justified is when we can be fairly sure...
  2. C

Demonising Iran

Robin Yassin-Kassab in the Sunday Herald. I really think this guy is spot on. Two manifestations of Iranian modernity The mainstream media narrative of events unfolding in Iran has been set out for us as clear as fairytale: an evil dictatorship has rigged elections and now violently...
  3. C

Setback for Tony Blair's ambition to be president of Europe

Setback for Tony Blair's ambition to be president of Europe http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/jul/01/tony-blair-european-president If this spineless cheerleader for mass murder gets the job post Lisbon, I'm gonna be sick.
  4. C

Help Needed: Carphone Warehouse Deal

I don't have much of a clue of tecchie stuff so I need your help. I'm looking for both a new mobile phone (bill pay) and a laptop, and I see that Carphone Warehouse are offering a deal whereby you sign a 50 euro a month contract with meteor for a nokia N2630 and a 199 euro Fujitsu Siemens...
  5. C

FAO Cork Club Chairmen: A Few Questions for the CCB

Consolidated Cork County Board Accounts Income.......................................................€ Ticket Sales - Net Income........ ..............1,211,042 Gate Receipts .......................................1,127,473 Commerical Income....................................674,785...
  6. C

Fao

dd
  7. C

Rebel Wars - Muppets

Gonna stray into the Langer's Forum for once just to broadcast to the world! Next Tuesday's County Board meeting, followed by deliberations in the politburo...... OK, apologies for the delay with this, and for the fact that we had to superimpose our own subtitles over the original English...
  8. C

Rebel Wars - Muppets

Next Tuesday's County Board meeting, followed by deliberations in the politburo...... OK, apologies for the delay with this, and for the fact that we had to superimpose our own subtitles over the original English subtitles. Remember: the Cork County Board is our very own Muppet Show by the Lee...
  9. C

Downfall + Empire Strikes Back

Lads, to lighten the mood, I've a present for ye all........ Me and a mate have put together a Downfall + Empire Strikes Back combination scene for your viewing. The script is Corkoniense's, so sue me frank you sonofabitch. The tech wizardry is all my mate's doing, as I don't have a clue of...
  10. C

New Year's Eve in Dublin

A bunch of us are going out in Dublin for New Year's Eve; we were gonna go to Damian Dempsey at vicar st, but it turns out a few had already been to see him last week. Entertainment.ie doesn't seem to be turning up any worthwhile gigs either. Normally, I wouldn't go out on New Year's Eve, but...
  11. C

Jim McDaid abstains from vote on HPV vaccine

The rats are deserting the sinking ship. No bother though, it seems Joe Behan is back supporting them! You couldn't make it up:rolleyes:
  12. C

Cork Hurling Manager 2009

Does anybody know for sure if Ger Mac is stepping down? Does anyone know of contenders? Who the players' reps might have in mind? Given what happened between the football players' reps and Frankie over the nomination of Counihan, I expect Frankie is trying his level best to keep Ger Mac in...
  13. C

Gigs on New Year's Eve

In the events forum I see that Fred are playing in Cyrpus Avenue. The Lynch Mob (who dey?) are playing the half moon. I don't know of any other gigs in the city, despite my best efforts to find them on the web. Can anybody help out? What's on in Cork on New Year's???? Thanking you all in...
  14. C

A Plea to Dan Boyle and the Green Party

I know a thread has been started on this, but I wanted to get this message across clearly. I have just posted a message on Dan Boyle's blog, and since he doesn't seem to update it much and has apparently come on this forum, I thought it might be a place to broadcast my opinion on the whole...
  15. C

tickets for setanta cup

are they defo all sold out??? ive been on the ccfc website and they say i can get tix at the clubs bishopstown office, but unfortunately they have not put down the address. does anyone know where it is exactly?? i have no ticket for munster game and i would be really pissed off to spend a...