Recent content by CarrigT

1. C

"Boys of Fair Hill" banned in Celtic Park??

" The banning of the traditional Irish song "Boys of Fair Hill" from the green seats of Celtic Park was cautiously welcomed by Scottish anti-sectarian agencies today. The traditional song, which hails from Cork City in Ireland, was drawn to the attention of the UEFA observer at a recent...
  2. C

The quality of mercy is not strain'd - Afganistan

"AFGHAN President Hamid Karzai yesterday pardoned an Afghan woman serving a 12-year prison sentence for having sex out of wedlock after she was raped by a relative. Mr Karzai's office said in a statement that the woman and her attacker have agreed to marry. That would reverse an earlier...
  3. C

Scotch - Blend or Single Malt?

In honour of St. Andrews Day, do you prefer a blended or a single malt whisky? And while on the subject would you mix it with anything?
  4. C

Attention Urgent

Windows 7 put in to sleep mode suddenly does not require a password to get to the desk top!! *Scream for help smillie face*
  5. C

Old Jews telling jokes -BBC4

Bbc4 now.
  6. C

5th attempt. Child protection, guidance please.

Right, involved in child intro to sport, all trainers Garda vetted. One child is ... almost looking for a corner to hide in. Not in a shy way, it's ... I don't know, it's almost a fear in the eyes. Should I report? Without saying what I intend to do, could you please share what you would do...
  7. C

Simple HDMI expansion solution I came across

I have a shortage of HDMI connections on my LCD tv so I needed to expand slots. Came across a device in Tesco of all places. It's a 3 way automatic HDMI switcher for 24 euro. Whatever input is active is automatically put through without manual switching while still keeping the HD resolution...
  8. C

Timewatch:Beatlemani a 5 mins away

BBC2 Documentary which tells the inside story of the rise and fall of Beatlemania, using previously unseen archive footage and interviews with those who accompanied the Beatles on tour
  9. C

The official "All men are bastards" Soundtrack Thread

The official "All men are bastards" Soundtrack Thread ZBR2G-iI3-I ojdbDYahiCQ HH7WXlf9WLk Add as required.
  10. C

What's your favourite slow dance song?

Lonely this Christmas comes to mind. Only you was another.
  11. C

Who gave Athlone Town €500,000?

Anonymously too! City need to find this person.
  12. C

Lighting the fire

Lit the fire for the first time this winter. Glad I did, it's orange flames are flicking my soul, and the oak floor is lit up by it's mystical glow. Have you lit a fire yet? Do you like real fires, or go for the pretend ones?
  13. C

The real Greek life - and what we are paying

C4 now. The benefits, pensions etc.
  14. C

Could HSBC situation happen in Ireland?

No cash machines working. No card transactions processing. Could it happen here? Is so should we keep a few bob handy?
  15. C

The face in the testicle - You judge

http://www.independent.ie/health/health-news/doctors-discover-a-face-in-testicular-tumour-ultrasound-2923638.html