The Inflation Thread.

€4 for two slices of toast..FFS, it's only about €2.30 for the whole bloody pan...And yes, I'm aware of overheads, etc. But that's off the wall..

Yera overheads my arse. People aren't stupid.
Customers don't mind paying for good product or good preparation or even good service but to charge 4euro to pop two slices of bread in a toaster and push down the button! F*** off!

A lot of places charge 3euro or more for a cup of tea! To boil the kettle and pop a teabag in a cup, again F*** off!

This overhead nonsense as justification for charging extortionate prices for basic crap is nonsensical. You can justify it when there is time and energy and good produce being exchanged but not when the doors are open and the lights are on anyway and all you had to do was waddle your fat arse over to the kettle and push a button.

I'll give these F***ers overheads.

Customers don't mind paying for good product or good preparation or even good service but to charge 4euro to pop two slices of bread in a toaster and push down the button! F*** off!

A lot of places charge 3euro or more for a cup of tea! To boil the kettle and pop a teabag in a cup, again F*** off!

This overhead nonsense as justification for charging extortionate prices for basic crap is nonsensical. You can justify it when there is time and energy and good produce being exchanged but not when the doors are open and the lights are on anyway and all you had to do was waddle your fat arse over to the kettle and push a button.

Spot on. Well said sir.

Apart from rates to the council, energy costs, rent, employee wages, insurance, cleaning and maintenance costs you are right of course.

Apart from rates to the council, energy costs, rent, employee wages, insurance, cleaning and maintenance costs you are right of course.
Wait until they discover the price of shutting their doors because they have no customers left.

Any time I get fleeced by a business I make it my business to never go back there and go out of my way if necessary to take my custom elsewhere.
I'm sure I'm not alone.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Wait until they discover the price of shutting their doors because they have no customers left.

Any time I get fleeced by a business I make it my business to never go back there and go out of my way if necessary to take my custom elsewhere.
I'm sure I'm not alone.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Exact same way we do things.

Vote with your feet.,

Exact same way we do things.

Vote with your feet.,
Plenty of good places still left tbh.
People are lazy, which is why these places have got away with it in the past.
However the worm has turned, places that treated their staff like shit in the past safe in the knowledge they could get fresh victims haven't changed their ways and as a result provide shit produce and shit service and now the prices have gone up and people have less to spend and are becoming more discerning.
They will all go the way of the dodo.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Do You Believe In The Power Of Rock & Roll? - An Evening with John Robb
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼