The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Any chance of catching Arsenal on GD?
7 behind.
A full-strength Liverpool team at home to Sheff Utd.
Need an Arsenal-Man City draw. A 3 pt cushion over Man City is needed as winning all their other games very possible for Man City while extremely unlikely for Liverpool.
City were there for the taking today but Klopps conservatism cost Liverpool.
If Pep was in the Liverpool dugout he would have went for it. Never have a better chance of taking a huge advantage. Now Liverpool will prob finish 3rd in a 3 horse race 🏇

I’m kinda surprised at the amount of Pool fans that are accepting of the draw.

I think ye missed a huge opportunity today, ye had City on the ropes for big periods and couldn’t finish them off.
And were most definitely robbed of a penalty at the end.

Liverpool made City look average in the 2nd half and could really regret not taking 3 points.

I’m kinda surprised at the amount of Pool fans that are accepting of the draw.

I think ye missed a huge opportunity today, ye had City on the ropes for big periods and couldn’t finish them off.
And were most definitely robbed of a penalty at the end.

Liverpool made City look average in the 2nd half and could really regret not taking 3 points.
What’s the alternative to not accepting a match result? We can’t change it either way.

I see your point though. I think given the team we had out compared to City led to a lot of us being ready to accept a draw before a ball was kicked. Then we went down 1-0 and City do not lose when they take the lead and at times they were totally outplaying us. At half time I think we’d have taken a draw too.

But the second half was exceptional and I don’t think any of us saw that onslaught coming. We should have won for sure. And it should have been a penalty but a little reminder of City’s power was seen when Doku could have won it late on too. The ball popping off the post and straight to Kelleher shows you that you need luck against City too.

It may go down as an opportunity missed but we are still short several key players and the nature of the second half means we might have dropped two points but the title race is still very much alive and I don’t think momentum is halted by that result because the performance was so strong.

What’s the alternative to not accepting a match result? We can’t change it either way.

I see your point though. I think given the team we had out compared to City led to a lot of us being ready to accept a draw before a ball was kicked. Then we went down 1-0 and City do not lose when they take the lead and at times they were totally outplaying us. At half time I think we’d have taken a draw too.

But the second half was exceptional and I don’t think any of us saw that onslaught coming. We should have won for sure. And it should have been a penalty but a little reminder of City’s power was seen when Doku could have won it late on too. The ball popping off the post and straight to Kelleher shows you that you need luck against City too.

It may go down as an opportunity missed but we are still short several key players and the nature of the second half means we might have dropped two points but the title race is still very much alive and I don’t think momentum is halted by that result because the performance was so strong.
I should have wrote happy instead of accepting.

I get why Pool fans will take the draw, the starting line up had me thinking it was a formality but I was really impressed with Liverpool, especially in the 2nd half.
You mentioned Doku hitting the post but didn’t Liverpool do that twice?

And I would agree, it won’t affect momentum but I do feel it was an opportunity missed, ye kept Haaland extremely quiet.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼