Sucking Diesel or Saving the planet.

100%.

Had a particular candidate's canvasset approach me the other week

'No thanks, I know who he is'

They’re a collection of unimpressive individuals.

I’ve had dealings with them about updating the Solas curriculum to move towards renewable energy/retro fit etc.

They’re still training fossil fuel energy. Thought it might be in their interest to know.

Person I was dealing with was shocked at the current curriculum and how obsolete it is.

They approached me for feedback and soon as they saw it needed some actual attention I got ghosted!

Was delighted to hear the announcement the other morning about training prisoners for retro-fitting homes. That’ll work a treat. :lol!:

Should we train actual student electricians, plumbers, plasterers etc?

Nah. Let the convicts at it instead.

I’ve had dealings with them about updating the Solas curriculum to move towards renewable energy/retro fit etc.

They’re still training fossil fuel energy. Thought it might be in their interest to know.

Person I was dealing with was shocked at the current curriculum and how obsolete it is.

They approached me for feedback and soon as they saw it needed some actual attention I got ghosted!

Was delighted to hear the announcement the other morning about training prisoners for retro-fitting homes. That’ll work a treat. :lol!:

Lol I read that.

Get the chain gang on it.

What could possibly go wrong?

Eamon-Ryan.jpg

Last edited:
Lol I read that.

Get the chain gang on it.

What could possibly go wrong?

View attachment 30314
I remember about 10 years ago I was getting a job done on a car in an industrial est in the city, tbh a fairly run down one . Anyways while we were chatting this lad arrives on a bike(don’t laugh)and after flashing his credentials to yer man I was dealing with, they have a chat for about five minutes .
When yer man comes back to me after the cyclist leaves, he bursts out laughing. Transpires yer man on the bike was from Cork City Council and was looking for feedback on whether he would be open to the prisoners from Cork prison taking over the maintenance of the estate.
🤣

Lads getting their knickers in a twist over trying to protect the last bit of wild habitat we have. Have ye nothing better to circle jerk to?!
Exactly, the land is a horrible monoculture of grass and rock.

Ireland should be a fucking rainforest by rights, we have 100 years of work to do.

The greens are constantly spouting about renewable energies, retrofitting etc but the money and resources are not been put into apprenticeship training. No proper hardware, training aids etc. Apprentices are attending block releases in Solas, IT’s and are amazed at the lack of facilities.
Far easier and cheaper to cram 200 into a lecture theatre in business studies than fit out a lab/workshop with heat pumps , PV, batteries, controllers.

Exactly, the land is a horrible monoculture of grass and rock.

Ireland should be a fucking rainforest by rights, we have 100 years of work to do.
The dairy sector has grown too big in this country but putting the genie back in the bottle is going to be some task, we need a thriving agri sector and dairy should remain a significant part of that but I'd like to see more supports for farming that produces fruit, veg and cereals for human consumption.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

24th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Jamsey

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼