2023 Premier Intermediate football

Some turn around in Macroom tonight. CNM were a beaten docket trailing 10-04 at one point . 2 brilliant goals turned game on its head. Uibh Laoire were by far the better team up to the first goal with good performances from Vaughan, Jones and Manning from half back line. Introduction of Tadgh Corkery drove CNM forward. Ref did good job.Massive crowd turned up in perfect conditions.Great venue.Hard to believe Uibh Laoire lost after a really impressive start. Fair play to CNM, maybe their time has come.

Uibh Laoire Threw the game away tonight, messing around with the ball on the 45, with 15 mins to go. CNM broke for a goal and you could see The game was gone from there. CNM looked uninterested for 46 mins. Crazy how a game can change, just my opinion.

Ya very surprising turn around by CNM, out scored uibh laoire 2-7 to 2 points in the last 18 mins. Up until then they looked to have no plan or hopes of scoring much. When uibh laoire went up 6 it looked like they could win by 10 or 11 points but the goal which was against the run of play seemed to really rattle them and it was all CNM from there, winning every 50/50 ball tbf to them.

Iveleary better team over 40 mins of the game. Will be a tough one for them to take as it looked like only going one way.
That is championship for you and with a 6 point lead one would think surely no way back.
First goal gave Cill Na Matra that injection they needed and kept powering on.
They seem to be doing things the hard way even through the group stage not blowing teams away like what is expected of them(around the deep end of this grade and competing well in divison 1 league) but getting the job done.
The come back will only aid them now and will be very hard to stop.

Iveleary better team over 40 mins of the game. Will be a tough one for them to take as it looked like only going one way.
That is championship for you and with a 6 point lead one would think surely no way back.
First goal gave Cill Na Matra that injection they needed and kept powering on.
They seem to be doing things the hard way even through the group stage not blowing teams away like what is expected of them(around the deep end of this grade and competing well in divison 1 league) but getting the job done.
The come back will only aid them now and will be very hard to stop.
Proved why their the benchmark at this grade.
Fair play to them as twud have been easier to lie down when things going against them.
Possibly timing their run this year. Could have been caught cold in a semi final I think.
Extra game will do them good.
Surely the favourite to go all the way now

A great comeback, but the flip side is that it's a worrying sign for them that they fell so far behind in the first place. They're too prone to that in the business end of championship which is why they haven't progressed up the grades as quick as people have expected.

I think this is the year they do it personally. What’s the age profile of the team like does anyone know? They’ve been knocking at the door for ages now wonder have they the underage coming up to back them up? Not too familiar with them.

Proved why their the benchmark at this grade.
Fair play to them as twud have been easier to lie down when things going against them.
Possibly timing their run this year. Could have been caught cold in a semi final I think.
Extra game will do them good.
Surely the favourite to go all the way now
Iveleary have not been as good this year so I don't see it being such a big win that it makes CNM clear favourites.

Kilshannig are favourites with the bookies and I don't think it's wrong. No has been able to stop their momentum so far.

What I do think could be a bet of the weekend, and I don't like to say it, Na Piarsaigh 9/2. Does anyone know if their hurlers are back? If so these odds are wrong.

Iveleary have not been as good this year so I don't see it being such a big win that it makes CNM clear favourites.

Kilshannig are favourites with the bookies and I don't think it's wrong. No has been able to stop their momentum so far.

What I do think could be a bet of the weekend, and I don't like to say it, Na Piarsaigh 9/2. Does anyone know if their hurlers are back? If so these odds are wrong.
Don't know if their hurlers are back but it would not be fair to the lads who didn't play hurling who put in an effort all year if the hurlers came along and just started.
In saying that it is a relegation final and everything possibly goes out the window to stay up.
It would mean a lot more to Macroom to stay up and I think that will be the case.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

12th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Keith Synott

The Pav, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼