Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

The availability of the book is the responsibility of the kid's parents to decide this as they deem fit.

It is not a matter for a pack of political motivated yokels to saunter into the library, and dictate to society what can and cant be accessed by kids or adults of any age.
A book as explicit as that shouldn't be in the young adult section if by young adult you mean 12 to 14 year olds and slightly older.

If by young adults you mean 17-21 year olds that's a different matter.

You don't seem to grasp the concept of personal responsibility at all. You are perfectly entitled to make decisions as you see fit for your kids. You are not entitled to make decisions for my kids, or anyone else's kids.

The library has a duty of care to the children frequenting it.

They've fallen down badly in allowing this to be available to 12-14 year olds.

Say whatever you like, youre dead wrong on this.

As I've already said.

A polite , respectful e-mail is far more effective than any strong arm tactics.

Id like to hear in writing from Cork library why they think this book is suitable for 12 year olds.

Its caused quite a stir in libraries in the U.S. with lots of concerned parents wishing for it to be removed. The author John now Juno Dawson is no stranger to controversy.

Having seen the content I can well understand why.

If they reply to your email with politely and respectfully telling you that it is suitable for 12 year olds would you accept this?

As I've already said.

A polite , respectful e-mail is far more effective than any strong arm tactics.

Id like to hear in writing from Cork library why they think this book is suitable for 12 year olds.

Its caused quite a stir in libraries in the U.S. with lots of concerned parents wishing for it to be removed. The author John now Juno Dawson is no stranger to controversy.

Having seen the content I can well understand why.
I know we've had our differences of late Hank but I'm 100% behind you on this, keep fighting the good fight on behalf of the silent majority of Irish people who are too afraid of being labelled homophobic to call this out publicly. 👏

If they reply to your email with politely and respectfully telling you that it is suitable for 12 year olds would you accept this?

I don't live my life by hypothetical scenarios m8.

Do you think a child will be lead down a life of intolerable homosexuality and shame if they read this book?

Gibberish.
The issue here is children being given access to sexually explicit material.

The library has a duty of care to the children frequenting it.

They've fallen down badly in allowing this to be available to 12-14 year olds.

Say whatever you like, youre dead wrong on this.

You don't want teens to be able to access information about sex. Fine. You can put your kids in chastity belts until marriage for all I care. You don't get to make that decision for everyone else though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hank Wedel
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

13th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼