No catering on cork to Dublin train

Fun fact: years ago I needed to get the train from Newbridge to Cork. I bought a ticket which was about €5 cheaper than a ticket from Dublin to Cork. Obviously because it’s nearer to Cork I thought. Imagine my surprise when the train arrived, I got on, it went to Dublin, and I changed on to the Cork train. That’s the way they had the timetable worked out. Newbridge Cork via Dublin was cheaper than Dublin Cork.

I often wondered if I had bought 50 tickets in Newbridge and sold them to Cork Passengers when I got to Heuston with a €2 markup on each one, I’d have gotten a free trip and the passengers who bought the tickets off me would each save €3.

Fun fact: years ago I needed to get the train from Newbridge to Cork. I bought a ticket which was about €5 cheaper than a ticket from Dublin to Cork. Obviously because it’s nearer to Cork I thought. Imagine my surprise when the train arrived, I got on, it went to Dublin, and I changed on to the Cork train. That’s the way they had the timetable worked out. Newbridge Cork via Dublin was cheaper than Dublin Cork.

I often wondered if I had bought 50 tickets in Newbridge and sold them to Cork Passengers when I got to Heuston with a €2 markup on each one, I’d have gotten a free trip and the passengers who bought the tickets off me would each save €3.
Similar issue with East Cork bus fares a few years back cheaper to get a ticket to Dungarvan than East Cork.
https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40143890.html

Genius. And the profits could have been put towards the fundraiser for the statue of Michael Collins.

There was a situation recently where it was cheaper to buty a train ticket from cork to galway via dublin,, rather than cork to dublin

There was a situation recently where it was cheaper to buty a train ticket from cork to galway via dublin,, rather than cork to dublin
Unreal.

And the whole fly to Stanstead and then fly to Dublin for less than getting the train to Dublin is another contradiction.

Throw in a litre of Vodka for €13 and it starts to look very attractive….

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼