Cyclists

It washes perfectly well, the only people that would have an issue with that technology are criminals and law breakers, the rest of us would go about our business oblivious and in no fear.

As I said, if you want to live in a police state, ask Soundy to support your endeavour and lobby for it. But you are in a tiny minority here.

The photo in the pdf you have questions about shows a QR code the same size as a tax disk and this can be read 100% accurately on a car travelling at cyclist speed.

If you have any technical questions about it contact the lads who did the study and let us know how you get on.

Try to avoid using rape analogies and photos of dead children when telling them what they did wrong in their tests.

Reading that PDF, it is an entirely theoretical exercise.

There is no mention of field tests or any real-world testing
The tax disc is about 3x3 inches in size, much too big to put on a bicycle.
Bicycles don't have windshields.
The research is purely a thought exercise on how it could be done in theory, that's it.

Again, i'll repeat. Is there ANY jurisdiction in the world that uses QR codes on cars to check for taxes, insurance, speeding, etc....?

Any?

You are not going to answer that question because we know the answer. No there is not.

you could just paint the serial number up the front fork or along the back so if it’s size you’re after. easily identifiable and with no cost to the cyclist.

i don’t see how a registration system for bikes is a bad thing. as i said before, if your bicycle was stolen you’d reference the serial number to the guards. if someone is cycling the wrong way up the south mall then the guards should also be notified of that.

Front fork? What if one has front panners?
Also, do we paint a reg on a car?

I love these stupid ideas coming out of the wood work. Very Trumpian and simpleton world view some people have.

Reading that PDF, it is an entirely theoretical exercise.

There is no mention of field tests or any real-world testing
The tax disc is about 3x3 inches in size, much too big to put on a bicycle.
Bicycles don't have windshields.
The research is purely a thought exercise on how it could be done in theory, that's it.

Again, i'll repeat. Is there ANY jurisdiction in the world that uses QR codes on cars to check for taxes, insurance, speeding, etc....?

Any?

You are not going to answer that question because we know the answer. No there is not.

So many questions from one so dumb.

As already established this has not been used before, otherwise there would not be a study into the effectiveness of doing so you buffoon.

My turn:

What size is the average bicycle reflector mount?

What size are the QR code plates mounted on bicycle saddles in Japan as anti theft identifiers?

Have you contacted the people who did the study to tell them they are wrong?

Why are you so resistant to being able to identify cyclists who commit road traffic offences?

Last edited:
Front fork? What if one has front panners?
Also, do we paint a reg on a car?

I love these stupid ideas coming out of the wood work. Very Trumpian and simpleton world view some people have.
😂😂😂 you are shooting down every idea thrown to you. from badges, to plates and stickers. having the number visibly printed on to the frame of the bike was surely the next logical step.

you have a very negative approach to all of this.

here where i am the health service has id numbers on the back mudguard of all of their bikes for the nurses who cycle out to help people in their homes. a similar thing could be introduced in ireland.

How does putting QR code identifiers on bicycles equate to installing thousands of cameras on the roads?

You do realize there are an abundance of CCTV, dashcams, mobile phones and even crotchcams already out in the wild catching road traffic offences on a daily basis.

Are you willfully this fucking stupid or just a natural imbecile?
Heh heh heh…..

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

26th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼