Cyclists

No place in the world had bicycles until they were invented and maybe the government should bring in a new law that all adult bikes should have to have number plates at a nominal cost of €20 and this money could go to the upkeep of the cycle lanes.

Great idea, and if the money was ring-fenced for upkeep of cycle lanes I don't think even the lycra-loonies could complain.

No place in the world had bicycles until they were invented and maybe the government should bring in a new law that all adult bikes should have to have number plates at a nominal cost of €20 and this money could go to the upkeep of the cycle lanes.
….. and pedestrians also need to display a number, perhaps wear a lanyard, and pay money for it every year for upkeep of pavements. Same logic.

...I don't think even the lycra-loonies could complain.
Oh they'd find something to complain about...they always do. See below:
….. and pedestrians also need to display a number, perhaps wear a lanyard, and pay money for it every year for upkeep of pavements. Same logic.
"Same logic" - what a langer :rolleyes: How many pedestrians have wheels installed and pose a danger to other pedestrians if they collide with them?

We are all pedestrians BR. We already pay taxes. If pedestrians demanded and were given a space in the traffic lanes for their use as well as the footpaths then you'd have the same logic. But pedestrians don't demand to have a set aside area (footpath/like cyclists cyclepath) AND be also permitted to walk the length of traffic lanes and demand motorists give them 1.5m clearance when they overtake because they're more vulnerable road users.

I noticed that yesterday on the Boreenmana Road. It'd be a disgrace if they were able to remove every tree on that road (or any other road) so they could put in bus lanes. Specially as, in a time of global warming, trees play a big part in reducing temperatures in urban areas: https://www.epa.gov/heatislands/using-trees-and-vegetation-reduce-heat-islands

Fuck the NTA indeed.

And Wank.
Why is it a disgrace? Bus lanes make alot of sense and improves service for commuters. Do you know how many trees were removed for the Fermoy/Mitchelstown bypass, or even how many so far have been removed for the new Ringaskiddy route.
Must all road improvements be rerouted because of trees? That makes no cost sense at all.

how is it such a jump in logic to reverse engineer this practice to keep the roads safer for everybody?

Can you tell me a place that has managed to do this?

People have a PPS number, surely we can reverse engineer this to make sure the street is safer for everyone when walking?
China style?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

15th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Stone Drawn Circles

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1pm

More events ▼