Winding up cab drivers

What’s your preferred way to wind them up? Jumping in one at the airport and asking them to go to the Cork Airport International Hotel? They love this after they’ve waited hours for the flight. Or how about eating chips and curry in the back of the cab on the way home and whispering to your partner “do you have any spare napkins?” And “do you think it’ll come out?” Or repeatedly asking “are you busy tonight?” “How long have you been on for?” My favourite of late was in a white Mercedes E-Class a couple of months ago, asking the driver “this is a fine car, is it an Octavia? It’s nearly as big as a Superb.” Alternatively just complain about all the taxis parked in cycle lanes. They love that.
Canvasing hard for that second nomination?

Ask them about all de immigrants/refugees (use these words interchangeably)...doesn't matter which crowd...Ukrainians, Brazilians, Spanish.

What a great job the FFFG coalition is doing.

The traffic is desperate. Why are the buses always blocking the yellow box at junctions?

Are ya thinking about getting one of them electric cars? Climate change is a load of shite etc.

“Is it me or is there a slight smell of shit in here”

Throw in the occasional theatrical loud “sniff sniff” at random intervals and then you’ve got yourself a paranoid taxi man.

The last time i was out in the City and was trying to get a Taxi from Grand Parade. There is a Taxi rank but the actual taxi were pulling up before the getting to the front and just picking up the people that had being waiting the least.

Caused a bit of very unnecessary aggro amongst the waiting punters…

I was none too plussed by the end of it.

Last edited:
That's a thing I've only ever seen in Ireland. In any other country every single taxi driver in the queue would tell you the people at the top of the queue get a car first.

Like the complete unnecessary hassle it caused.
The system works, it was the Taxi drivers themselves caused it by not just picking up the person who has been waiting the longest.

“Is it me or is there a slight smell of shit in here”

Throw in the occasional theatrical loud “sniff sniff” at random intervals and then you’ve got yourself a paranoid taxi man.

The last time i was out in the City and was trying to get a Taxi from Grand Parade. There is a Taxi rank but the actual taxi were pulling up before the getting to the front and just picking up the people that had being waiting the least.

Caused a bit of very unnecessary aggro amongst the waiting punters…

I was none too plussed by the end of it.
🤔
Farting in the taxi?

What’s your preferred way to wind them up? Jumping in one at the airport and asking them to go to the Cork Airport International Hotel? They love this after they’ve waited hours for the flight. Or how about eating chips and curry in the back of the cab on the way home and whispering to your partner “do you have any spare napkins?” And “do you think it’ll come out?” Or repeatedly asking “are you busy tonight?” “How long have you been on for?” My favourite of late was in a white Mercedes E-Class a couple of months ago, asking the driver “this is a fine car, is it an Octavia? It’s nearly as big as a Superb.” Alternatively just complain about all the taxis parked in cycle lanes. They love that.

Sounds like you live a charmed life, Drucker m8

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

9th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Jimmy Lee

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼