Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

The Irish embassy in moscow is primarily to help irish people, not Russians. This would be the main reason we have not fecked the Russian ambassador in Dublin out as well. They are only symbolic gestures that mean nothing in reality anyway
The biggest function of most Irish embassies abroad is to drum up trade and issue visas to foreigners, not to issue temporary passports to Paddys or help them get legal representation when they're arrested (although they do this too). The Irish govt is good at symbolic gestures anyway, so it'd be more of the same.;)

By the way, as an Irish citizen you can get assistance from the embassy of any EU country if there's no Irish embassy in whatever country you happen to be in.

The biggest function of most Irish embassies abroad is to drum up trade and issue visas to foreigners, not to issue temporary passports to Paddys or help them get legal representation when they're arrested (although they do this too). The Irish govt is good at symbolic gestures anyway, so it'd be more of the same.;)

By the way, as an Irish citizen you can get assistance from the embassy of any EU country if there's no Irish embassy in whatever country you happen to be in.
What trade would the Irish embassy be drumming up in Russia right now! Businesses are pulling out, not going in there. Same goes for visas at the moment, so the embassy there will simply be helping Irish people caught up in the shit in whatever way they have been surely?

Hence my point, it’s in our interest to have the embassy there, not to be closing it down

It is awful that Doc and catcha attack stan ogden for being pro Putin and pro Russia when he is clearly pointing out the hypocrisy of the West, anyone with any sense knows that bringing up US crimes against humanity is very much relevant to this war in Ukraine, the amount of hate aimed at Russia and desire for a war tribunal when compared to crimes committed by the West, it really is unbelievable.
"...pointing out the hypocrisy..." also known as whataboutism

"Why can't we bomb Ukraine when the US and UK bombed Iraq and Afghanistan?"

Here, educate yourself on what a propaganda technique is: o_O

What trade would the Irish embassy be drumming up in Russia right now! Businesses are pulling out, not going in there. Same goes for visas at the moment, so the embassy there will simply be helping Irish people caught up in the shit in whatever way they have been surely?

Hence my point, it’s in our interest to have the embassy there, not to be closing it down
Exactly, you're making my point for me. No trade with Russia and no visas for Russians = no need for an Irish embassy in Moscow.

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote before. Good man!

today's voting in the UN on russian reparations to Ukraine:

z29139766IH,Glosowanie-ONZ.jpg

I overlooked this and understandably it was buried by the MSM,

So ask yourself why does the majority of the world (in effect 6 out of 7 people) refuse to sanction Russia? The other (non-US lapdog) nations are no fools. They know that Russia bent over backwards (even post Maidan coup) to treat Ukraine as an independent state. In truth, that’s given Russia credibility across the world today. It didn’t intervene after the Maidan coup. It asked both sides to treat Donbas as an integral part of Ukraine. They understand that it (Russian invasion) was not unprovoked. They know Russia has a case. They probably wish it wasn’t the case, but now that it has they are resigned to the fact that it’ll unfold the way Russia needs it to unfold, and though they’re not going to cheerlead for Russia, they’re not got to interfere, sanction etc. They have a recognition that the west is wrong in this case, and they’ve seen it too many times before.

One of the criticisms of Russia is that they’ve been too tolerant of the West. But one of the reasons Russian has the tacit acceptance of the East and global South is that they’ve gone about this in a legal, logical, rational manner. They haven’t behaved like the US who’d have raised hell at the first opportunity. Many people have perceived that as weakness. It’s not, it’s Russia’s strength, and you can see how it’s played out today as the majority of the world don’t view Russia as the aggressor here. They view the West as the aggressor. If Russia had behaved differently in the decade leading up to this, this wouldn’t be the case.

What would they have wanted Russia to have done? The Minsk agreements. Russia ‘begged’ the US, France, Germany etc to put pressure on Ukraine to just implement the accord. That’s all they wanted. What more could Russia have done? They put a draft treaty on the table last December that could’ve stopped this whole conflict. A new European security framework. That’s what beginning to be be discussed in the background now. At what cost? Ukraine is destroyed as a nation. Even if the war stopped today, Ukraine, as it was, is never coming back.

Exactly, you're making my point for me. No trade with Russia and no visas for Russians = no need for an Irish embassy in Moscow.

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote before. Good man!
What i am pointing out is the Zelenskyy fan club is all for puting Russia on trial for war crimes, where is the outrage over Iraq? Oh yeah they are brown skinned Arabs, they don't matter, typical Western thinking, this is why the U.N. is outdated and in need of reform, the veto countries in the Permanent Security Council get all the say if this was not the case the likes of Israel would not get away with what they do.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

6th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼