The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Completely agree with both of you on the recent transfer window. They bollocked it up. Related to the departure of Edwards? Probably at least partially.

Not necessarily.

Under Edwards there were plenty of times where Liverpool made a call not to make a specific signing, citing that they were willing to take the risk to get "the right guy" in a transfer window down the line.

Sometimes it worked out really well - like with VVD - but not getting an extra CB body on board in summer 2020 was a calculated risk that backfired. Liverpool were haunted to recover and get 3rd that season.

It's a characteristic of the dynamic while Klopp has been at the club. By all accounts Liverpool made a big play for Tchouameni this summer, but were pipped by Real & took the call to wait. Bellingham has been heavily linked, but LFC may get priced out.

Who am I supposed to compare his wages with? A scaffolder?

We questioned the wisdom of handing out a new contract to Aubamayang or Salah at their age.

And you counter with United giving a deal to a 21 year old winger to sign with them and a 28 year old keeper to remain.

CR7 wasnt given a contract renewal , they signed him on a two year deal.

Typical SSB , any discussion you percieve as being critical, immediately start 'Whatabout x,y,z United'.

We questioned the wisdom of handing out a new contract to Aubamayang or Salah at their age.

And you counter with United giving a deal to a 21 year old winger to sign with them and a 28 year old keeper to remain.

CR7 wasnt given a contract renewal , they signed him on a two year deal.

Typical SSB , any discussion you percieve as being critical, immediately start 'Whatabout x,y,z United'.

Sancho was unproven and keepers generally don’t get paid in line with goal scorers.

Picture yourself as Salah’s agent.

Agent Scorpio “We want €350k a week”

Club “No way that’s obscene there’s no clubs paying that sort of money”

Agent Scorpio “Oh right, fair enough, if you say so”

By the way Lewandowski signed an extension with Bayern @31 and Benzema signed a renewal with Real @33.

But sure what would Bayern and Real know.

You SSSSSMC

Sancho was unproven and keepers generally don’t get paid in line with goal scorers.

Picture yourself as Salah’s agent.

Agent Scorpio “We want €350k a week”

Club “No way that’s obscene there’s no clubs paying that sort of money”

Agent Scorpio “Oh right, fair enough, if you say so”

By the way Lewandowski signed an extension with Bayern @31 and Benzema signed a renewal with Real @33.

But sure what would Bayern and Real know.

You SSSSSMC

'Liverpool’s away kit isnt very nice'...

Orchard SSB: 'Yeah well Uniteds away kit is manky'.

Why are ye always bringing up United in Liverpool discussions??

Nice distraction from the point at hand.

As you may know, the two sides are traditionally quite big rivals and...now this might come as a surprise to you...it's quite common for fans of each to make unflattering comparisons between the sides on local sports INTERNET talkpage scenes such as these.

Hell...and I'm really out on a limb here...you may even have done so yourself at some point???

'Liverpool’s away kit isnt very nice'...

Orchard SSB: 'Yeah well Uniteds away kit is manky'.

Right ya fucker.

Whataboutery is the main fuel for pwnery on this website.

Allow me the following three statements

“Man United's right back is bang average defensively”

“Man United’s captain is a shit Englishman”

“I can’t believe United spent £75m on Lukaku. He’s a striker with a shite first touch”

Please remember that whataboutery is now banned.

Nice distraction from the point at hand.

As you may know, the two sides are traditionally quite big rivals and...now this might come as a surprise to you...it's quite common for fans of each to make unflattering comparisons between the sides on local sports INTERNET talkpage scenes such as these.

Hell...and I'm really out on a limb here...you may even have done so yourself at some point???

We were talking about Salah's poor form since he got his new contract.
I don't think its being terribly unfair to say he hasnt been at the races this term. (Pub team last night aside)

'But, but Ronaldo'..

It's a Pavlovian response at this stage.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Best Of Cork Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼