The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think they'll certainly last to 2023 but as we enter another winter of discontent major cracks will appear and rather than be blamed as the country edges towards the abyss they'll have a GE and then it'll be VERY interesting.

Not sure how you end up with a specific number of 33 for SF, and agree that the Greens will do poorly, but depending on how the election is run FF could go into power with SF.

I don't think people will trust FF and FG in the next government tbh. It will be extremely interesting to see if there'll be a pact between FF and FG for the next election. Because if there is, I think that's the end of them as separate parties for future elections after that. The political landscape will change into left of FF going to SF and right of FF going to FG
Reality is one if not both of them will be in government next time out, whether same as now without greens, or SF/FF

Jim O Callaghan is a strong favourite with the bookies.

A deeply uninspiring choice.

They've little enough quality to choose from.

Same with FG, Paschal or McEntee? Grim.

As for Sinn Fein, Lou Lou will get her go then who, Pearse? Matt Carthy?

You get the politicians you deserve...

Last edited:
Whatever your opinion of SF they have left the other parties in their wake re social media engagement,
Getting involved with local campaigns, Helping set up community groups many of which are heavily populated by SF
members, making promises ala ff 1977, Many who would never have voted SF will now do so out of sheer desperation and exasperation
at ff/fg,

Whatever your opinion of SF they have left the other parties in their wake re social media engagement,
Getting involved with local campaigns, Helping set up community groups many of which are heavily populated by SF
members, making promises ala ff 1977, Many who would never have voted SF will now do so out of sheer desperation and exasperation
at ff/fg,

They would have surprised people in government I think,

There's a perception everyone would have been issued with little red books and we'd have hiked our debt by another couple of hundred billion and FDI would have been chased out of the place in increased taxation.
I don't see it. That's not what they were doing in Stormont.

But it doesn't matter because a good social media campaign won't get them to 80 seats.

They would have surprised people in government I think,

There's a perception everyone would have been issued with little red books and we'd have hiked our debt by another couple of hundred billion and FDI would have been chased out of the place in increased taxation.
I don't see it. That's not what they were doing in Stormont.

But it doesn't matter because a good social media campaign won't get them to 80 seats.
There was talk recently of them meeting likes of Apple, google etc and major developers to assure them they have nothing
to fear from a government involving SF, The other side of the coin is to tell the electorate that they will increase taxes on
multinationals and developers,

View attachment 14437
It’s going result in a lot of tenants getting booted out in the run up to the next general election as the vast majority of small landlords would leave straight away under these rules and further accelerate what is a major crisis?

Renters who vote S.F. will be potentially voting themselves towards homelessness.
if i had a house rented out and one of my family was in dire need of housing, id be giving the tenants notice to quit, might
sound harsh, but family first,

View attachment 14437
It’s going result in a lot of tenants getting booted out in the run up to the next general election as the vast majority of small landlords would leave straight away under these rules and further accelerate what is a major crisis?

Renters who vote S.F. will be potentially voting themselves towards homelessness.

No one is going to remain in a market where they cant have any say in what they can do with their property.

Why would you.

No one is going to remain in a market where they cant have any say in what they can do with their property.

Why would you.
With an election about 2.5 years away it will destroy the rental market even further between now and then.

Counter-productive populist nonsense but some people will lap it up.

Why bother paying rent or your mortgage as there will be no sanction and people then wonder why there is lack of competition in banks and a lack of apartments etc.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼