Bonfire Night

Off the top of my head, parts of the northside that I'd live -

North Mall
Sundays Well
Top of Patrick's Hill
St Lukes
Lovers Walk

I was fucking a girl for a while who lived on North Mall. Absolutely lovely gaf and her bedroom overlooked the beer garden of the Fran Well.

Imagine all those people enjoying their pints while just a few metres away EnnisY was fucking for Ireland.

North Mall
Sundays Well
Top of Patrick's Hill
St Lukes
Lovers Walk

I was fucking a girl for a while who lived on North Mall. Absolutely lovely gaf and her bedroom overlooked the beer garden of the Fran Well.

Imagine all those people enjoying their pints while just a few metres away EnnisY was fucking for Ireland.
Id love to make love to a lady whose bedroom window looks out onto the lough,

North Mall
Sundays Well
Top of Patrick's Hill
St Lukes
Lovers Walk

For anybody over 22 having your bedroom over a beer garden sounds like an absolute and utter nightmare m8

It wasn't remotely funny the first time you said it and it's even less so now.
Most of the Northside is a kip m8. Sundays well is dilapidated, Montenotte is a suburban sprawl of horrible estates running into Mayfield and Tivoli is a load of poorly insulated houses down narrow boreens with no parking and surrounded on all sides by scum.

I lived in Connaught avenue m8. You'd struggle to find a resident there that wasn't temporary.
As for Montenotte? Large tracts of housing estates? It's lost it status a long time ago.

Poor THK.

Sunday's Well may look dilapidated to the uninitiated like you. Some of the finest houses in Cork City are there but I wouldn't expect some low-brow to recognise the fact. Ditto Montenotte. Suggesting it is like a suburban sprawl of horrible estates running into Mayfield is akin to claiming Castle Road is a suburban sprawl running into Mahon. I'm sure it sounded clever as it echoed around in your head though.

I was speaking only last night to someone from Connaught Avenue who still has family there living well over 50 years there as it happens. Again I wouldn't expect you to understand.

North Mall
Sundays Well
Top of Patrick's Hill
St Lukes
Lovers Walk

Oh gawd, I too was enjoying the delights of a particular lady who lived in one of the flats accessed at the doorway by the arch going into what has become The Franciscan Well but this was back in the late 80s early 90s and it was just known as The Well, when Frank ran it.

North Mall
Sundays Well
Top of Patrick's Hill
St Lukes
Lovers Walk

I think I might have been doing the same girl m8. Or at the very least an occupant of the same house.
😳
At the time you could go out the back door of her house into the garden, step over the wall and be in the beer garden.

Oh gawd, I too was enjoying the delights of a particular lady who lived in one of the flats accessed at the doorway by the arch going into what has become The Franciscan Well but this was back in the late 80s early 90s and it was just known as The Well, when Frank ran it.
Was it the same woman. Wonder how old she is now

My one shared a flat with another girl. Me and my mate were going out with the two of them for a while. My relationship lasted a bit longer than his. Still occasionally meet the girl (in her 50s now) and we're still on good terms.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Open Mic

Coughlan's, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼