The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

Agreed, if he makes top 4 đź‘Ť

They'll be in a strong position if they can beat Palace but with Spurs, United, Chelsea and West Ham to play champions league qualification is a long way to go yet.

If anything all Arteta is benefitting from is just how low he has brought expectations.

He is in charge two years and three months. More than most premier league managers get. Ye are 16 points behind Man City and seemingly incapable of beating any top side. Talks of awards are laughable

They'll be in a strong position if they can beat Palace but with Spurs, United, Chelsea and West Ham to play champions league qualification is a long way to go yet.

If anything all Arteta is benefitting from is just how low he has brought expectations.

He is in charge two years and three months. More than most premier league managers get. Ye are 16 points behind Man City and seemingly incapable of beating any top side. Talks of awards are laughable
Can I ask you a question ? I know the way arsenal fans feel about the way the club is going and none of us feel we are going to be challenging for a league title just yet but does a fan of another team see the change in arsenal? And do they feel arsenal are.now better then they have been on the previous 4/5 seasons ?

Can I ask you a question ? I know the way arsenal fans feel about the way the club is going and none of us feel we are going to be challenging for a league title just yet but does a fan of another team see the change in arsenal? And do they feel arsenal are.now better then they have been on the previous 4/5 seasons ?

Honestly I think yere optimism is pretty out there. Id put it alongside United fans who though Ole was capable of challenging for the title. (Best young forward trio in Europe)

Unai has won the Europa league since leaving and has Villareal in the quarter finals of the champions league. Far, far bigger achievements than anything his successor in North London has managed.

Arteta is going to be in charge 3 years in December. Aside from winning the champions league with Willian this season has he really brought the side forward from what was there before?

He's spent big last summer, fair play to him if ye get top four. A big part of Bumnal being top four is United not sacking Solskjaer when it was apparent to all he wasnt upto it. They let him lose four out of 5 league games before finally pulling the trigger

Bumnal wont have that bonus next season.

Top of the morning, just a thought/observation on a comment i heard on french tv yesterday and something Orchard Thief alluded to yesterday too

Should El Tactician take Arsenal and the wonderkidz to top 4, I think he’d be a very worthy winner for PL manager of the year

A far greater achievement than Pep or Klopp winning the PL or Tuchel coming 3rd

He'd be in the mix alright.

But spin it another way and all he's done is to outperform severely misfiring Spurs & Man Utd sides - both of which have sacked managers mid-season.

If he takes Arsenal up a level and closes out the 5pt gap to Chelsea, to get third, that'll help his claims.

Both Gerrard & Howe have come in mid-season and got underperforming sides motoring again, so will be in people's thinking.

The PL-winning manager is always in the mix. Whoever edges what looks like being a tight title race will certainly be a candidate.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Red Hot Chilli Pipers
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

9th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼