Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

I'd have thought mankind is an apex predator. If you want it to be the wolf who/what curtails them only mankind.

With your apex predator and re-wilding do you think we should reintroduce the Bears? Less likely to maraud around in packs I'd have thought so maybe easier to keep on top of.

Believe bears became extinct in Ireland in last ice age due to climate change.
Wolves were however wiped out by humans within few hundred years of arrival of gun and would probably still be alive today if left to their own devices.

Believe bears became extinct in Ireland in last ice age due to climate change.
Wolves were however wiped out by humans within few hundred years of arrival of gun and would probably still be alive today if left to their own devices.

Ice age is gone in this part of the world. And with the melting of the polar ice-caps it doesn't look like returning any time soon.

Think of the tourist attraction there would be in Aliwee Cave if there could be a real live bear there rather than just the bones :)

"Under instruction" :shock:

What raised this issue was the fact that it was broadcast on the oft quoted RTE radio this very morning.

"RTE are a well known cabal of SinnFeiners all working under instruction" apparently :lol:

Pretty evident who's acting like a bot on this thread Roxy - and if you think it's me then you're about as sane as the leader of the Green Party when it comes to Wolves :)

I'm all for the introduction of wolves if it can be shown to be workable but if it did happen farmers or other hunting enthusiasts would have them all shot before any of them got the chance to breed.

I'd like to see some of the poorest farming land rewilded by all means, it's a great idea.

I'm all for the introduction of wolves if it can be shown to be workable but if it did happen farmers or other hunting enthusiasts would have them all shot before any of them got the chance to breed.

I'd like to see some of the poorest farming land rewilded by all means, it's a great idea.

Poorest farming land given over to aforrestation or even natural meadowland or whatever - great. Wild flowers and stands of trees and bushes that encourage other flora and indeed fauna is imho to be welcomed in areas where farming isn't financially viable. But suggesting the reintroduction of Wolves hundreds of years after they were deliberately wiped out here is bonkers - even for the green party.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Comedy Cavern Showcase

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼