the company christmas party..............

Another memorable one was where the company booked us in to a small "boutique" :) hotel (we still had to pay though). And we were the only ones staying there.

But the hotel didnt have nightstaff. Carnage. The fucking IT people having mattress races down the stairs of the bungalow......

Feel a bit of sympathy for that one, but at least they were well compensated.

Seems legit

Anyone have the English translation to the above?

Fella i know works in the same company as his brother in law. Both from Graaaawn. Anyway they get fullers at the Christmas night and a big argument and one of em storms off before it turned nasty. Off he trots raging of course and outside the hotel in Midleton are some local biys. They say something smart, he gives back socks and they batter him. Were not fond of cork biys storming around their manor see! He has a black eyes and crutches for Christmas. I thought it was hilarious as yer man is a big mouthpiece.

Put it in to Google translate and this is what came out. Amazing technology.

An acquaintance of mine so happens to work at the same establishment as his sisters betrothed. They both hail from the delightful suburb of Gurranabraher in Cork. On the occasion of their Christmas work celebrations they consumed a large amount of alcohol and ended up in a disagreement causing one of them to feel the need to leave the establishment before fisticuffs ensued. Whilst on his journey away from the party he happened upon some local youths from the township of Midleton. One of the aforementioned youths made a clever quip, to which he responded in kind resulting in an altercation from which he did not emerge the victor. They felt that this gent from Cork had not adequately respected their local customs and traditions. This resulted in him sustaining haematoma's to his eyes and a leg injury requiring the use of a walking aid. This was amusing as the gentleman in question can be quite the rapscallion.

I'm staying away from the organised paid for one and doing a pub crawl with the people I like, no posh frock, jeans and a Christmas jumper:)

:cool:
At our office Christmas "Do" one year, we had to share with another group in a city centre hotel, a large badly lit function room . The other gang were from some factory so there were loads of Joe & Josephine Soaps among them.
Anyway, as they got more drunk, one of my colleagues substituted their baloons with condoms. You should have seen the inebriated langers & langerettes' faces when they started blowing up the Durex. The lewd suggestions coming from their table in very loud voices had the tears running down my and my colleagues faces. The men were bad enough too.:twisted: Better still, the hotel manager came in and went ballistic over their "behaviour" warning them that they'd be thrown out.

Another year at our Christmas party, there was a sublimely sexy piece working with us. I had "showed" during the year but the lass was a little aloof and I'd had no luck. Anyway, I got her out on the dance floor for a "clinger", and while we were dancing she was as close as she could be with her nose pushed in against my armpit. Afterwards, my male colleagues were all congratulating me on my successful perseverance and I was lapping up the compliments.
However, the crude reality was slightly different. While we were dancing, one of the other people on the floor left off an almighty "drink & dinner bomb". This explained why my partner seemed to favor a very "intimate" dancing position.

At our office Christmas "Do" one year, we had to share with another group in a city centre hotel, a large badly lit function room . The other gang were from some factory so there were loads of Joe & Josephine Soaps among them.
Anyway, as they got more drunk, one of my colleagues substituted their baloons with condoms. You should have seen the inebriated langers & langerettes' faces when they started blowing up the Durex. The lewd suggestions coming from their table in very loud voices had the tears running down my and my colleagues faces. The men were bad enough too.:twisted: Better still, the hotel manager came in and went ballistic over their "behaviour" warning them that they'd be thrown out.

Another year at our Christmas party, there was a sublimely sexy piece working with us. I had "showed" during the year but the lass was a little aloof and I'd had no luck. Anyway, I got her out on the dance floor for a "clinger", and while we were dancing she was as close as she could be with her nose pushed in against my armpit. Afterwards, my male colleagues were all congratulating me on my successful perseverance and I was lapping up the compliments.
However, the crude reality was slightly different. While we were dancing, one of the other people on the floor left off an almighty "drink & dinner bomb". This explained why my partner seemed to favor a very "intimate" dancing position.

"wtf"?

It was you wasnt it? Nice idea though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

On The Waterfront (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:45pm

More events ▼