things poories/working class types do

Is there a direct relationship between poorness and television watching?

Sanders clocks the Sky tv scene correctly.

The poorest areas always have the most amount of satellite dishes.

I've noticed this in more than one country.

Is it escapism?

Is there a direct relationship between poorness and television watching?

Sanders clocks the Sky tv scene correctly.

The poorest areas always have the most amount of satellite dishes.

I've notice this in more than one country.

Is it escapism?

it's a combination of things i think. the neighbours have it, so they get it. it's like a status symbol in the shitty universe they live in. coupled with this is the fact that they have a shaky concept of money.

if sky costs lets say £30 a month, they figure 'but sure i have thirty pound now, it'll be grand'. or some equivalent expletive ridden poorie assertion. there is no long term planning, no concept of saving money. it's why poories buy lots of sofas on HP - though i think the HP thing might have died out somewhat? you might be better placed to comment.

you know. what with being a norrie and everything.

it's a combination of things i think. the neighbours have it, so they get it. it's like a status symbol in the shitty universe they live in. coupled with this is the fact that they have a shaky concept of money.

if sky costs lets say £30 a month, they figure 'but sure i have thirty pound now, it'll be grand'. or some equivalent expletive ridden poorie assertion. there is no long term planning, no concept of saving money. it's why poories buy lots of sofas on HP - though i think the HP thing might have died out somewhat? you might be better placed to comment.

you know. what with being a norrie and everything.

I tend to avoid symbols of money - I have a bicycle and old loafers.

I do know people who spend borrowed monies with wanton abandon, though.

"sure it's not my money - it's the credit unions - ha ha"

94c. Credit unions (not real banks).

Do the poor still have TB?

Pwned.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Darts

The Pav, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼