The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

If he was named in Abbotstown as the next Rep of Ireland manager we would probably all be excited because he’s not Kerr, Roy, Lennon etc. and sounds a bit exotic

Is this fella really the standard a club like Liverpool should be looking at?

Having said that he’s a copywriters dream.. Arne slots right guy in at Liverpool.. Elliot slots the winner home for Arne.. Dutch oven stinks Anfield out.. and that kinda thing :)

If he was named in Abbotstown as the next Rep of Ireland manager we would probably all be excited because he’s not Kerr, Roy, Lennon etc. and sounds a bit exotic

Having said that he’s a copywriters dream.. Arne slots right guy in at Liverpool.. Elliot slots the winner home for Arne.. Dutch oven stinks Anfield out.. and that kinda thing :)
Who should Liverpool be looking at? Who should any big club be looking at?

If Edwards thinks he’s the right guy then he’s probably the right guy. He doesn’t get much wrong.

Who should Liverpool be looking at? Who should any big club be looking at?

If Edwards thinks he’s the right guy then he’s probably the right guy. He doesn’t get much wrong.
He might well prove to be a great call, but Klopp came from a much higher position. The Dutch league is very difficult to judge, who knows.

If I had to pick someone that would suit them it would have been Zidane but I’m sure they enquired and he had no interest

Xabi Alonso wasnt interested.

Just reeks of panic.

Hopefully they let him blast his transfer budget on 'shite dutch league' players.

He might well prove to be a great call, but Klopp came from a much higher position. The Dutch league is very difficult to judge, who knows.

If I had to pick someone that would suit them it would have been Zidane but I’m sure they enquired and he had no interest
Klopp came with a very, very good reputation and lived up to that and more. Came from a better league but Slot has done similar and is seen similarly to Klopp at Feyenoord.

Time will tell. Zidane did a great job with Madrid but hasn’t taken up office anywhere else to know how good he really is. The challenge for Slot will be taking over a team of big name players and there’s pressure on him to deliver trophies. That isn’t what Klopp had to do and Slot won’t really have had that at Feyenoord to the same extent.
Xabi Alonso wasnt interested.

Just reeks of panic.

Hopefully they let him blast his transfer budget on 'shite dutch league' players.
Panic, how exactly? The club have taken months over this and sorted the hierarchy of the club first to make sure the right manager is appointed. It’s not like this is a choice. Someone has to get the job. If not Slot, then who?

Klopp came with a very, very good reputation and lived up to that and more. Came from a better league but Slot has done similar and is seen similarly to Klopp at Feyenoord.

Time will tell. Zidane did a great job with Madrid but hasn’t taken up office anywhere else to know how good he really is. The challenge for Slot will be taking over a team of big name players and there’s pressure on him to deliver trophies. That isn’t what Klopp had to do and Slot won’t really have had that at Feyenoord to the same extent.

Panic, how exactly? The club have taken months over this and sorted the hierarchy of the club first to make sure the right manager is appointed. It’s not like this is a choice. Someone has to get the job. If not Slot, then who?

Slot might prove to be amazing and Liverpool have access to a serious amount of data on the guy none of us do, but I’m not sure they need to take risks like this given their profile.

Inzhagi might have been a decent shout? Or Spaletti?

Slot might prove to be amazing and Liverpool have access to a serious amount of data on the guy none of us do, but I’m not sure they need to take risks like this given their profile.

Inzhagi might have been a decent shout? Or Spaletti?
Absolutely every manager even close to being attainable would bring the same risk. There is absolutely no guarantees any manager will work out anywhere.

Edwards is a shrewd operator. Time will tell on this but I actually quite like the profile of guy they’ve gone for on this. I can see why people are skeptical but I also don’t think there’s any perfect fit attainable, especially since Alonso opted to stay put.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼