The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Going against the narrative of the proc here but Liverpool have had a good season bar the europa home game 1/4 final result . Won a trophy and with 4 games to go are still in the title race .

Yep.
IIRC the press conference was hastily arranged with less than 24 hrs notice. Highly likely that the club took a view that it was going to leak soon & they needed to be on the front foot.

I doubt Klopp effectively handed in his notice in November, sat on it for 2 months and then felt compelled to tell the world before the Norwich City cup tie.

Personally I think the announcement is a convenient/lazy narrative for people to latch on to, regardless of how the season had panned out.

In the 15 games after Klopp's announcement liverpool went 12W 1D 2L

Fa Cup - WWL
League - WLWWWWDWW
EFL Cup - W
Europa League - WW

This is through a period with a LOT of injuries to important players.

In the end they fell victim to a combo of finishing variance, maybe a bit of fatigue and a dip in confidence in a few games where they were passing up big chances at one end & leaving in a few soft ones at the other. It happens.
Nailed on. Everyone using hindsight to try pick holes in anything possible but if anything Klopp’s departure announcement probably led to the squad getting this far into a title race. The wins with half a team of kids were incredible. The win at Forest did make people believe it might just happen too.

But the sustainability of winning ugly all the time and conceding first so often was really low and it has all crashed at once. I also think a lot of the belief was sucked out of the team after the draw with United. A lot of the players have run this race before and know City usually win all their games.

I don’t think anyone felt we’d even compete until mid April for a title this season, with so many changes mid to the squad. Where we stand right now is a fair reflection. You’d only need to watch City, Arsenal and Liverpool play to know we are the third best side of the three. I can live with it and I saw it coming.

Yeah announcing his departure early and the ensuing collapse under the pressure to deliver a fitting swansong was actually a masterstroke, lol.

View attachment 32090
There’s major pressure on any team trying to compete with City for a title because you basically have to win every game. Just look at Arsenal last season and even this season to see how each game brings so much pressure to win it.

United haven’t competed with City properly for you to know this.

Last edited:
There’s major pressure on any team trying to compete with City for a title because you basically have to win every game. Just look at Arsenal last season and even this season to see how each game brings so much pressure to win it.

United haven’t competed with City properly for you to know this.

I get that yere hurting bad as Jurgone's long goodbye imploded and ended up with the league cup. (Which ye were pissing all over last season).

That said a little realism wouldn't go astray lads. Of course he ballsed up the announcement to go. The players couldn't cope at all and ye have been in freefall since Amad's winner.

He delivered a league but any question of Klopp producing a truly great team is silly given he couldn't win a 2nd.

Comparing a clapped out 2 season wonder like Van Dijk to a great of the game like Vidic is just embarrassing.

IMG-20240425-WA0008.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

15th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Jazz Improv! all players welcome

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼