The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

This is a huge gamble. I fully expect it to fsil.

Lol.
Fail of a post.

On a serious note though Greg, I’m a little bit concerned about the reasons I’ve read for his appointment.

It’s basically that the his preferred style of play is closest to what suits the current playing staff.

Bit of a red flag tbh. Liverpool have been playing the same 4-3-3 system now for 8+ years and the only tactical changes being the inverting full back experiment.

Even with Klopp’s side the drop off from the functional athletic midfield of Henderson/Wijnaldum/Fabinho supporting the full backs supplying prime Salah/Firmino/Mane to what they’re at now is frightening.

Of those 8 positions possibly only McAllister is an improvement from todays team.

Amorim supposedly preferred a 3 at the back type set up. So what like?

The manager should decide the tactics really.

Looks like lfc are going to try the “cleverest boys in the room” schtick again.

The Klopp appointment wasn’t a thinking outside of the box decision.

He already had a very good reputation with what he’d achieved at Dortmund and given the state of the club when he took over, convincing him to take the role when he was hot property was very lucky.

The Slot appointed is a gigantic risk by Edwards. And it suggests there’s not going to be a drastic rebuild given they’ve basically picked him to work with whats already there.

Lol.
Fail of a post.

On a serious note though Greg, I’m a little bit concerned about the reasons I’ve read for his appointment.

It’s basically that the his preferred style of play is closest to what suits the current playing staff.

Bit of a red flag tbh. Liverpool have been playing the same 4-3-3 system now for 8+ years and the only tactical changes being the inverting full back experiment.

Even with Klopp’s side the drop off from the functional athletic midfield of Henderson/Wijnaldum/Fabinho supporting the full backs supplying prime Salah/Firmino/Mane to what they’re at now is frightening.

Of those 8 positions possibly only McAllister is an improvement from todays team.

Amorim supposedly preferred a 3 at the back type set up. So what like?

The manager should decide the tactics really.

Looks like lfc are going to try the “cleverest boys in the room” schtick again.

The Klopp appointment wasn’t a thinking outside of the box decision.

He already had a very good reputation with what he’d achieved at Dortmund and given the state of the club when he took over, convincing him to take the role when he was hot property was very lucky.

The Slot appointed is a gigantic risk by Edwards. And it suggests there’s not going to be a drastic rebuild given they’ve basically picked him to work with whats already there.

Lol, inversion

8o7phh.jpg

Thats a fairly protracted way of saying he cant defend for shit.

If you're having to alter the way you play yo accomodate a fella who cant play in his position then you're in trouble.

Cant imagine a Dutch manager especially accepting this nonsense from a fullback.

Cant imagine a Dutch manager especially accepting this nonsense from a fullback.

Be grand as long as he says sorry for it.

:lol!:

If you actually read what I wrote instead of going all Jason Cunt_y on me you’d see that’s why I’m concerned about Slot’s appointment.

If a prospective manager says “Joe Bloggs has no future, I’m not playing a pressing game, I want 4 centre backs across the back 4” then that’s entirely his prerogative.

But by all accounts if a prospective manager came out with that then he’s not getting the job.

There was some bullshit on Twitter during the week about the United higher ups demanding ETH change to a more possession based game for the next month or he’s out the gap.

The truly great managers decide how the team will play and the recruitment staff identify players to fit. Not the other way round.

Could you imagine a board interviewing Jose, Pep, Klopp, Simeone, Conte and telling them you must do x,y,z?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼