The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Think there's a really strong case for Mack Hansen and just idiotic timing for POM to get lobbed onto Munsters books.

Ulster are lucky to have Iain Henderson on there, he's barely an Ireland bench player nowadays

Think there's a really strong case for Mack Hansen and just idiotic timing for POM to get lobbed onto Munsters books.

Ulster are lucky to have Iain Henderson on there, he's barely an Ireland bench player nowadays
Aki is 34, Beirne is 32, Henderson is 32.

Its feasible that there wont be a single centrally contracted player outside of Leinster in 2 or 3 years.

Hansen and Crowley are the two obvious ones but there aren't that many clear cut candidates

Aki is 34, Beirne is 32, Henderson is 32.

Its feasible that there wont be a single centrally contracted player outside of Leinster in 2 or 3 years.

Hansen and Crowley are the two obvious ones but there aren't that many clear cut candidates
Yeah, I'd say they'll fast track Crowley for political reasons. Was surprised to hear JGP isn't one.

Thought Iain Henderson was older, but he's been playing for Ireland for 12 years now. Fair dues. Probably got another 2-3 good years left in him.

I think the biggest problem I have with it is the spending is that the savings in Leinster from moving players from provincial to central contract have essentially been blown on Snyman and Barrett. There's at least €1M in extra spending there. Barrett is particularly egregious as Leinster have good depth, so it's going to take game time away from the likes of O'Brien, Frawley, Larmour and Osbourne. And maybe one of Ringrose, Henshaw or Keenan, because he's arguably better than all of them.

That €1M would have stretched a hell of a lot further if it was invested in player development pathways in other provinces

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cripple of Inishmaan

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼