The Official Irish Rugby Thread

That furlong try call was infuriating. He did lose control of it a little. In my opinion he had controlled downward pressure but I can see why it's contentious.

It definitely wasn't a knock on though. If anything, it was knocked forward by Scotland.
He did lose contact though and didn't catch it again merely had his hand over the ball, what decision would result if that happened in open field?

i.e I have the ball in my hand and then drop it and then get my hand on the back of the ball (so not in my hand) as and when it hits the ground

I would think a knock on was the correct call.

Also how many knock ons don't actually go forward, some are clearly forward other times the ball may drop neither forward nor backwards and these are always called as knock ons.

Nigel Owens didn't look at Whithouse TMO clusterfuck

Welsh old boys union

Nigel has dropped in my estimation
It's not been a great tournament for officials and in his case ex officials.
Embarrassed himself complaining about the penalty against Wales when Dyer barged Negri and they had a penalty reversed.

He's added absolutely nothing to their coverage.

Louis Rees Zammit didn't blow the doors off at his Pro Day.

No idea how the Irish got on

Attachments

• IMG-20240321-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20240321-WA0009.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Squide Rugby with his usual excellent analysis of the Ireland Scotland game

There's an interesting conclusion from it, Scotland did find a way to shut down Ireland, that other teams will use based on Gatlands tactics. I'm wondering whether or not England used the same tactic. Would be surprised if South Africa weren't taking notes.

Louis Rees Zammit didn't blow the doors off at his Pro Day.

No idea how the Irish got on
Leader absolutely decimated the 100kg bench press. Put up a ridiculous score, beating many linebackers if not all of them. Didn't complete the sessions due to injury though.

LRZ will still likely get a spot, it's effectively a free shot for a season or two for most teams but he was very disappointing.

See Shitehouse JR was at it again for the Ulster game. Clear knock on for a try and he's looking at it.

See the officials made another whopper of an error over the weekend in England?
All of them including TMO missed dangerous foul play. TMO was on live mic saying he can't really look at it now given that BT Sport mentioned the incident and drew attention to it before they spotted it.

Fuckers shouldn't be listening to live comms anyway

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼