The Official Celtic Thread

Any fair minded observer looking at the SPL seeing the stonewall penalties not awarded to one team and given to another, and then the types of ones conceded will understand why there is such disquiet.

Ex-Rangers player Billy Dodds among those saying the one TRFC were awarded yesterday shouldn’t have been one. Even the Hib’s official Twitter account said “Right, who had 20 minutes in the Penalty-to-Rangers bingo?” and now the SFA will censure them as well

How Livi didn’t concede a penalty for that foul on Kyogo today is a mystery that’ll have to go down as just the latest in a list of “genuine mistakes”🙄

That is not what happened to Rangers.

It's not a debate. The facts are inarguable.

Rangers entered administration and were subsequently liquidated, a process which remains ongoing.

The bundle of assets were sold to Sevco5088, an entirely new entity.

The hard of thinking transferred their allegiance to a new club and have spent the time since inventing fairytales to pretend it never happened.

That is what happened. Those are the facts.

Last edited:
That is not what happened to Rangers.

It's not a debate. The facts are unarguably.

Rangers entered administration and were subsequently liquidated, a process which remains ongoing.

The bundle of assets were sold to Sevco5088, an entirely new entity.

The hard of thinking transferred their allegiance to a new club and have spent the time since inventing fairytales to pretend it never happened.

That is what happened. Those are the facts.
In 1994 the Celtic football and athletic company sold its assets and became an entirely new entity namely Celtic Plc.

Are people who claim that this is the same club of the Lisbon lions hard of thinking and merely inventing fairytales to pretend it never happened?

I'm sure there are similarly idiotic Rangers fans as you and Soundy who live in some parallel world where neither Rangers or Celtic are the same clubs anymore, yet both still sets of supporters seem to hate the other based on the fact they are the same clubs.

You couldn't make it up.

Any fair minded observer looking at the SPL seeing the stonewall penalties not awarded to one team and given to another, and then the types of ones conceded will understand why there is such disquiet.

Ex-Rangers player Billy Dodds among those saying the one TRFC were awarded yesterday shouldn’t have been one. Even the Hib’s official Twitter account said “Right, who had 20 minutes in the Penalty-to-Rangers bingo?” and now the SFA will censure them as well

How Livi didn’t concede a penalty for that foul on Kyogo today is a mystery that’ll have to go down as just the latest in a list of “genuine mistakes”🙄

That ACSOM podcast on the previous page lays it out quite starkly really. The statistics don't tell the whole story but they do demonstrate a number of statistical outliers.

That one today can only be cheating. There's no way Muir could look at that and think a mistake wasn't made. Absolutely no way on earth.

In 1994 the Celtic football and athletic company sold its assets and became an entirely new entity namely Celtic Plc.

Are people who claim that this is the same club of the Lisbon lions hard of thinking and merely inventing fairytales to pretend it never happened?

I'm sure there are similarly idiotic Rangers fans as you and Soundy who live in some parallel world where neither Rangers or Celtic are the same clubs anymore, yet both still sets of supporters seem to hate the other based on the fact they are the same clubs.

You couldn't make it up.

Yeah, I've heard that nonsensical argument before. Never from someone using the moniker "sensible" though.

You say you couldn't make it up... and yet here you are, making it up.

Celtic supporters know very well what happened to the Club in 1994. The club was hours from closure... was saved and was restructured. Thankfully there was never a liquidation. The original company remains active on the Companies House register.

I've never encountered a single Hun that knows what happened to their club in 2012. Not one. Not ever.

There are facts which cannot be disputed and the fiction which some people like to indulge in.

The Huns can pretend whatever they like. Just don't expect me to indulge it.

Yeah, I've heard that nonsensical argument before. Never from someone using the moniker "sensible" though.

You say you couldn't make it up... and yet here you are, making it up.

Celtic supporters know very well what happened to the Club in 1994. The club was hours from closure... was saved and was restructured. Thankfully there was never a liquidation. The original company remains active on the Companies House register.

I've never encountered a single Hun that knows what happened to their club in 2012. Not one. Not ever.

There are facts which cannot be disputed and the fiction which some people like to indulge in.

The Huns can pretend whatever they like. Just don't expect me to indulge it.
What am I making up exactly?

Whether some idiotic Rangers fans will acknowledge whether the club was rescued and bought out, I couldn't give a toss if they are in denial about that.

You are fixated on the liquidation aspect, why?

If I buy your house tomorrow it is still the same house whether I buy it because you put it on the market or the banks repossessed it and put it on the market.

Celtic have new owners Rangers have new owners practically every club in the premiership have new owners the one constant being they are all the same clubs just with different ownership than in the past, why you find that so hard to grasp is beyond me.

Celtic were not liquidated
Rangers were liquidated.

Liquidation means the end. They didn't get new owners, they died. The end.

Famously all clubs with new owners start in the bottom tier don't they?

As I say, it's not a debate, it's just a fact. If you don't like facts, it's not my problem. I'm not under any obligation to indulge your delusion.

Celtic were not liquidated
Rangers were liquidated.

Liquidation means the end. They didn't get new owners, they died. The end.

Famously all clubs with new owners start in the bottom tier don't they?

As I say, it's not a debate, it's just a fact. If you don't like facts, it's not my problem. I'm not under any obligation to indulge your delusion.
You present the facts. He runs away.
Or has he been liquidated?🤔

If people come to the table thinking they know what happened and get it wrong, that's fine.

However it's different if they keep pushing when they find out the narrative isn't accurate. Maybe that's what happened here?

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

11th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Cork Clothes Swap

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 11am

More events ▼