The Hurling Thread

The Dublin cork lad made a good point though in the rte gaa podcast that when he started with rte they showed 58 championship games and now it was In the 30s due to the fact that the early season is putting gaa against rugby and loi for tv coverage etc.

Also hurling especially Munster is a cash cow and not only will they get a full puc people will pay for Lim v cork or a Clare v lim or a tipp v cork etc. not many will pay for Dublin Louth or Roscommon Leitrim
Fair but there is no LOI on tv on Saturdays or Sundays so not sure how he can say that. Would love to know how many rugby matches RTÉ show in April and May also on Saturdays and Sundays. He’s going to defend his employer but this is RTÉ conniving with the GAA to get more money from big matches in hurling especially.

Dont expect to hear O Moran on game on next monday after what he said also about Owens. There all jumping on our band wagon now. It will be interesting to see if Owens gets another game soon.

I used to umpire back in the day with a ref from my home town, the 5 of us travelled all over.

He was selected to ref the Kerry Senior hurling final between neighbouring clubs, Jesus there was some timber used and he made a few questionable calls and flashed a few red cards, it finished in a 1 point win.

We went into the local pub afterwards with both teams for some grub and the ref poked his head in the door and jokingly asked if we could come in.

"Ye can come in alright but there's no fucking guarantee ye'll get out" was the response.

The longest hour of my life, I genuinely thought we were going to get clocked.

"G'wan ye Limerick bastards" was the response when we said our goodbyes

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼