The dependence on technology in our day-to-day lives..

Loftydog

Banned
Now for instance my phone is down at the moment and also my internet connection, so I am finding it rather difficult to communicate with the outside world, with the obvious exception of those people at work and the flatmate. It makes you realise how much you depend on simple things like phones and what have you. I mean for instance, I have had to use an internet cafe to get on to someone in order to meet up with them later, when a simple text could have done otherwise.

Now there are times, like if I am at a gig or a festival, that I enjoy just turning off the phone and not being hassled or disturbed. You still want to be able to get into contact with someone for meeting up or if there are any problems and that.

How long is the longest that you have been without using any sort of device like this?

Now for instance my phone is down at the moment and also my internet connection, so I am finding it rather difficult to communicate with the outside world, with the obvious exception of those people at work and the flatmate. It makes you realise how much you depend on simple things like phones and what have you. I mean for instance, I have had to use an internet cafe to get on to someone in order to meet up with them later, when a simple text could have done otherwise.

Now there are times, like if I am at a gig or a festival, that I enjoy just turning off the phone and not being hassled or disturbed. You still want to be able to get into contact with someone for meeting up or if there are any problems and that.

How long is the longest that you have been without using any sort of device like this?
How did you post this so?

When my Phone and my Internet is down I reach for my Semaphore.

B

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼