Thai Boxing

As far as I know the new place on MacCurtain is just Douglas St. moved.

I'm doing it up near Shandon Street though.

You're right......the new gym in Macurtain St is owned/run by Anthony Corkery and Dave Ahern who owned the Douglas St gym.

Who runs the club in Shandon St that you're in..........there's two of em there......1 with Craig O'Flynn and 1 with Martin Horgan/Seamus Cogan.....all quality trainers and fighters.....you won't go wrong in any of the gyms.

As for watching it on the tv..............keep your eye on Eurosport, they show alot of K1 type tournaments.........there's not a huge amount of muay thai on the tv, but you'll see it occasionally.

Recently taken it up.

Anyone know where I can watch it on the telly?

I was always thinking about taking it up, but never got around to it. I’d like to do it to keep fit and build up my upper body.

Mind if I pick your brains?

Have you started from scratch? - Have you done any martial arts before?
Is there a beginner’s class for older people (mid, fuck it, late-20’s). I’d rather not get an ass whooping from some 12 year old!
Expensive?

I was always thinking about taking it up, but never got around to it. I’d like to do it to keep fit and build up my upper body.

Mind if I pick your brains?

Have you started from scratch? - Have you done any martial arts before?
Is there a beginner’s class for older people (mid, fuck it, late-20’s). I’d rather not get an ass whooping from some 12 year old!
Expensive?

I'll field this one......I've trained for about 6/7 years and had the best part of 20 fights :-D

Personally, I started from scratch when I was about 19, never touched another martial art before it.
There are beginners classes, and the ages are mixed...can have anythign from 13 to 40....you'll always be paired if possible with someone around your own height and weight so don't worry about that.
It's not really expensive either....typically and 6/7€ for a 60-90minute class....and trust me ....that's a long time....you'll get a savage workout in that time (will include pad/bag work, technique work and core/strength work as well). As for sparring,.....you'll probably have to wait a few months and know how to defend yourself etc first......otherwise, you'll only risk injuring yourself and other people as well.

All I can say is....go check it out....try a class....if you don't like it, don't go back.......but to be honest, I can't recommend it highly enough.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼