Recycle / Re-Turn

What this will develop to, is that charities will use it for funding

Dunno how you're reaching that conclusion m8?

Their own literature says that all unclaimed moneies 'will go toward operating costs'.

It would appear you've arbitrarily decided this scheme is a good thing and you're inventing scenarios to support this.

In truth , this scheme is entirely unnecessary in a country with no municipal waste collection. We all already pay private operators to process our already seperated recyclables.

Its another costly Green party initiative that has just seen supermarkets take advantage by hiking prices on cans and plastic bottles. To encourage this in the middle of skyrocketing inflation is inexcusable.

Sad to see the usual grumpy old men still bitching and moaning about this plastic bottle initiative, which has been in operation in countries like Germany for decades.

Dunno how you're reaching that conclusion m8?

Their own literature says that all unclaimed moneies 'will go toward operating costs'.

It would appear you've arbitrarily decided this scheme is a good thing and you're inventing scenarios to support this.

In truth , this scheme is entirely unnecessary in a country with no municipal waste collection. We all already pay private operators to process our already seperated recyclables.

Its another costly Green party initiative that has just seen supermarkets take advantage by hiking prices on cans and plastic bottles. To encourage this in the middle of skyrocketing inflation is inexcusable.
In other countries charities put up their own bins, especially in corporate buildings etc. They collect the empties, take them to the machine and get money they can use to run the charities.

They also put up their own bins around schools, community centers, similar to clothes collection bins, they make sure they are emptied and recycled.

They also offer collections from people homes, let's say you collect 2 big bags of empties, they'll come and pick it up .

Works great in civilized world.

Sad to see the usual grumpy old men still bitching and moaning about this plastic bottle initiative, which has been in operation in countries like Germany for decades.
In other countries like Germany and Spain and so on it's much better run, that's the issue.
While it's getting better and getting over the teething issues here it still simply is not good enough.
In the like's of Spain and Germany you see the homeless/unfortunate collecting bottles from the streets/paths/grass and in some cases even going through bins. They therefore don't hassle people for money or sitting in doorways for hours on end.

Government have made millions off people's laziness. Bin collectors have also made some serious money going through those people's bins who are lazy and separating themselves and bringing to deposit bins. In some cases parking the truck right at the forecourt and doing it in public view. Extra few hundred euro for them a week.

Anyone saying it's a green and environmental initiative are delusional. 80% (give or take) of the country pay to have a recycling bin and recycle already.
Most shops now have these machines plugged in all day everyday, even when out of order using electricity. People are now driving to the shop more often to reclaim the money. That's more wear and tear on the car and emitting more emissions. I myself keep my bottles over a week or 2 and then head to the shop to get a refund.
Imagine living anywhere rural. People are caught up thinking that they're saving money or making money by doing it including a TD.... It's your hard earned money (that you have already been taxed on) that when you purchase a plastic bottle or can it's basically another tax, in other countries it's included in the price. Here it's added on.

Biggest issue I have is the accessibility for those with a physical disability, these machines are not one bit accessible and it's making people less independent as they have to ask staff for help.

Remember the red fish that you'd get in a Christmas cracker - curls up both ends/head/tail if you're jealous/in love/kind etc etc kinda bollix. Think the red plastic is the same as that on the old Lucozade bottles just red instead of orange. Just thought I'd mention that :cool:
My buddy said back in the 70s his dad told him he was getting them a coloured TV, My buddy wasnt impressed to discover his old fella
had taped that lucozade wrapper across the screen,

In other countries like Germany and Spain and so on it's much better run, that's the issue.
While it's getting better and getting over the teething issues here it still simply is not good enough.
In the like's of Spain and Germany you see the homeless/unfortunate collecting bottles from the streets/paths/grass and in some cases even going through bins. They therefore don't hassle people for money or sitting in doorways for hours on end.

Government have made millions off people's laziness. Bin collectors have also made some serious money going through those people's bins who are lazy and separating themselves and bringing to deposit bins. In some cases parking the truck right at the forecourt and doing it in public view. Extra few hundred euro for them a week.

Anyone saying it's a green and environmental initiative are delusional. 80% (give or take) of the country pay to have a recycling bin and recycle already.
Most shops now have these machines plugged in all day everyday, even when out of order using electricity. People are now driving to the shop more often to reclaim the money. That's more wear and tear on the car and emitting more emissions. I myself keep my bottles over a week or 2 and then head to the shop to get a refund.
Imagine living anywhere rural. People are caught up thinking that they're saving money or making money by doing it including a TD.... It's your hard earned money (that you have already been taxed on) that when you purchase a plastic bottle or can it's basically another tax, in other countries it's included in the price. Here it's added on.

Biggest issue I have is the accessibility for those with a physical disability, these machines are not one bit accessible and it's making people less independent as they have to ask staff for help.

^

Top post.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼