Recycle / Re-Turn

Economics 101.

Wage increases cause inflation because as the cost of producing goods and services goes up as companies pay their employees more.

Companies must charge more for their goods and services to maintain the same level of profitability to make up for the increase in cost.

You will just end up using your wage increase paying the higher prices as companies have to fund the wage increases by charging you extra.

Current inflation is caused by high energy costs and the post-C-19 costs and higher interest rates are slowly bringing down inflation.
And here was I thinking inflation is caused by an increase in the money supply

Haven't recycled one bottle in a machine. Taking the hit and putting them in the recycle bin as provided.
I just avoid buying cans and have switched to cartons of milk where possible.

No using machines, no taking hits and paying those assholes.

Problem solved with some savy consumerism.

I can't see the issue tbh.

We put the empties in a big plastic tub. Bring that to the shop with us when doing the weekly shop. Return the stuff, get the voucher, do the shopping and use the voucher when paying, put shopping in the tub and bring it home.

I get there are issues for people who don't have access to a car, but for anyone else it seems very simple.

We put the empties in a big plastic tub. Bring that to the shop with us when doing the weekly shop. Return the stuff, get the voucher, do the shopping and use the voucher when paying, put shopping in the tub and bring it home.

I get there are issues for people who don't have access to a car, but for anyone else it seems very simple.
From my perspective it’s a bit annoying as I pay a bill for recycling and have always recycled properly, washing out containers and leaving them dry before putting them in my recycling bin.

I know it’s not a big thing but I would just rather not have to use these machines when I’ve always done things correctly.

From my perspective it’s a bit annoying as I pay a bill for recycling and have always recycled properly, washing out containers and leaving them dry before putting them in my recycling bin.

I know it’s not a big thing but I would just rather not have to use these machines when I’ve always done things correctly.
I can see that point of view.

We don't pay for a bin service, we have always just done it ourselves so it's not as big a change for us.

I've gone to my local return unit several times, not once have I managed to return all of the items successfully.
Either the machines were out of order, full, or wouldn't accept some of the items despite them being in good condition and having the required logo.

I agree with you. Was doing the shop last week and 1 of the 3 machines was out of order. The people behind me in the queue decided to have a right aul whinge about it.

Thats just what you want when you’re in a queue. To stand there listening to other people moaning.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Shlomo Franklin

The Richmond Revival, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼