Public Sector Pay safe for a year at least

Dulchie do you realise we could well be defaulting soon? I know its a nice little dreamland you've got there but wake up and smell the coffee.
We could well end up paying anything from €4 - €10 billion per year in interest, every year for the rest of our lives and those of the next generation. Thats just the interest on the bailout. This is uncharted terratory we're in and we're being taken there by a dead government.
Seeing the wood for the trees means fuck all when the forest burns down.

Dulchie do you realise we could well be defaulting soon? I know its a nice little dreamland you've got there but wake up and smell the coffee.
We could well end up paying anything from €4 - €10 billion per year in interest, every year for the rest of our lives and those of the next generation. Thats just the interest on the bailout. This is uncharted terratory we're in and we're being taken there by a dead government.
No point in setting fire to yourself to help speed the process along...

i LOVE IT :)
Knows he was wrong and is bitter

Love it :)

My work here is done
i will leave now. I will leave this thread to ye bitters!

Love it :) Hard Luck Junks!

The rattlement is strong in this one.

Sure start another thread there Dulchie, ye might get payrises

Last edited:

+1

This squabbling over social welfare and public sector pay is meaningless at this stage. Fianna Fail are bringing us back to the stone age.

I'll handle this one for ya Dulchie:
"But the lower paid PS worker will keep their levels of pay in the stone age
The IMF (who have our best interests at heart) and the government (who never lie or spin) told us in the press (who they never pander to) that it was so last week. Im confident that the near default of the country, the near collapse of the government will have no effect on an agreement made months ago to shut the unions up. You people just hate them and I hate you people for hating.
I dont care what ye say or how bad it gets. If I wish hard enough it will happen."

I'm not gonna do the whole "i told ya so" shit. being right doesnt make me any happier right now. This in no day for triumphalism, this is a bad bad day :sad:

So Dulchie you do realise theres a budget yet to come, a general election early next year, a mortgage default crisis which now looks certain to hit, IMF reviews every quarter and the possibility of Ireland defaulting anyway, in which case the bailout fails and we resort to cannibalism? If the CPA survives til the first review in April it will be doing well. In fact if the counrty survives til April it will be doing well.
Keep living the dream lad.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Uncanny: I Know What I Saw
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

30th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼