Outstanding friend request in your input queue.

The "User CP" function of the People's Internet of Ireland website tells me that I have one outstanding friend request in my input queue. I assume that this means there's a "friend request" that I haven't yet dealt with. (Or does it mean that the person that wants to be my friend is most excellent?)

Anyway, what's the protocol here? I don't really want to accept it because I feel that having internet friends would leave me compromised. I prefer the "lone wolf" role. Neither do I want to reject the request because that would seem all passive-aggressive. My tendancy is to be cowardly and to leave the request just sit there. Are there any downside risks involved with this course of action? I don't want my input queue to overflow out over my screen. Messy.

put it into your thinking space and knife and fork it.

It's already in a holding area in my User CP and I'm virtually prodding it around the place with a web-stick.

Aside: I never visit my User CP so I have no idea how long the request has been there for. Maybe the person who put it there has forgotton about it?

I've just left mine sitting there. I'm just not in to the whole INTERNET friends thing. What's the point?
I'm not really into it either, to be honest.

Has anything bad happened to you because of leaving it there? Has it been there long?

The answers to these questions will decide what I do.

The "User CP" function of the People's Internet of Ireland website tells me that I have one outstanding friend request in my input queue. I assume that this means there's a "friend request" that I haven't yet dealt with. (Or does it mean that the person that wants to be my friend is most excellent?)

Anyway, what's the protocol here? I don't really want to accept it because I feel that having internet friends would leave me compromised. I prefer the "lone wolf" role. Neither do I want to reject the request because that would seem all passive-aggressive. My tendancy is to be cowardly and to leave the request just sit there. Are there any downside risks involved with this course of action? I don't want my input queue to overflow out over my screen. Messy.

I'm only registered a few days* and have had 2 friend requests. I don't see why either of them requested me since I have had no interaction with either so I imagine it's some sort of ploy to become the most connected individual on the PROC by having lots of friends (why???).

I was going to delete both requests but I decided to accept one since said poster is one of those that has been exiled to the other forum that we are not allowed to speak about and I have to admit that I find that group of individuals to be intriguing and would like to find out why it is important to know whether or not people wrote a song about the girlfriend.

* I used to have a username here back in the mists of time but I never used it much and I lost the password.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

24th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼