Irish navy picking up Africans in the med

Good documentary just there on rte 1
Kudos to the crew, this is not an easy job.
I would however think the whole thing is wrong in as much as it actually helps to create the crises. These people are fleeing shitty countries, Bringing their 'values' with them is unavoidable, so we need to figure out how to help the originating countries evolve and the surrounding countries cope.

No wonder right wing parties are becoming more prominent in the western world with this going on.

It disgusts me that they refer to collecting people in boats that are not sinking or in distress as 'rescuing '.

My idea of rescuing is what the likes of what the RNLI and Coast Guard do in gale force 9 sea conditions.

No wonder right wing parties are becoming more prominent in the western world with this going on.

It disgusts me that they refer to collecting people in boats that are not sinking or in distress as 'rescuing '.

My idea of rescuing is what the likes of what the RNLI and Coast Guard do in gale force 9 sea conditions.

Theyre going to come anyway and they're jumping into shitty boats without a clue about seaworthiness.

Shows Europe is a very civilised and compassionate place. Thousands were drowning and now their not.

Helping their countries to be less shitty is the obv solution but that hasn't gone too well in Syria, Afghanistan, most of Africa etc.

Excellent post.

Our sailors then having hissy fits on where to collect their medals for doing this.

Theyre going to come anyway and they're jumping into shitty boats without a clue about seaworthiness.

Shows Europe is a very civilised and compassionate place. Thousands were drowning and now their not.

Helping their countries to be less shitty is the obv solution but that hasn't gone too well in Syria, Afghanistan, most of Africa etc.

You can be civilised and compassionate and send aid to keep them in camps.

Once those boats leave whatever shit hole they originated the guys who organised it and sending distress signals out.
Knowing dawned well that EU sailors will pluck them up and give them a ride to Europe.
What should be happening is, they should be returned to whatever shit hole they crawled out of.
You would swear they are all saints.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

28th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Phrases - Decks Out

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼