Immigration Thread

There are plenty of reasonably big towns on both sides of the border within 10 miles of it, and who return FFG members. You really do need to get over your SF fixation Otto.

Trying to rely on other jurisdictions to carry out restrictions on potential immigrants down here is silly when we don't use our own legislation to enforce such restrictions.

Time your FG heroes like McEntee and Simon Harris got their finger out of their @rses, stood up to the plate, and ensure there are proper checks carried out by AGS on those coming here illegally.

We've seen that McEnteee could get Drew Harris to get AGS out of the stations and monitoring the roads at least 30 mins of their daily duty. Why can't she get him to have some members turn up at airports, sea ports, and cross-border roads to check for illegal immigrants. And if they're found, have them dealt with to the full rigours of the law.
The world has just gone mad.

We now have our resident Sinn Fein spokesman arguing for a border and checkpoints on the island of Ireland.

1715085831254.png
Volunteer Sound_y getting into his car on the border back in the 1950's

End times...........................

The world has just gone mad.

We now have our resident Sinn Fein spokesman arguing for a border and checkpoints on the island of Ireland.

View attachment 32520
Volunteer Sound_y getting into his car on the border back in the 1950's

End times...........................

Ah Statty, I knew it couldn't last that you'd be posting sensibly.

Part of the GFA and CTA arrangements were that there could be searches by authorities within 10 miles either side of the Border.
I'm hopeful that in my lifetime the border will be gone, but I recognise that for the moment it is still there. I also don't particularly like the fact that Munster Rugby aren't winning European Cups, but it would be a bit silly to deny that's currently the case.

We are where we are (to use that awful phrase) and we need to accept that's currently the case, but it's not to say we don't hope for positive change.

Cross border workers, trade, transport, politics etc.

Putting a formal checkpoint border on the island of Ireland (Pre-Good Friday Agreement) to try to stem the flow of asylum seekers would only go down well with the Unionists and Brits.
And those that think they are inhumanely treated in this country by having to stay in tents because we can't accommodate them. Who said anything about a formal checkpoint? Garda checkpoints have always operated around border areas.

The defence forces have been cut to bare bones. Also I don’t want soldiers with guns near the border. Ever. They’d absolutely become targets for dissidents.
If it's a manpower thing then they could be there as an aid to the civil power but armed soldiers on the street would imho be a bit OTT and the optics would be appalling imho
They would not need to be armed, Just a presence to aid those tasked with enforcing the rules.

They have nothing else. There is no excuses for the mess FFG have made of this whole situation so blame SF or at least try.
Even the tiktok teesh seems to have gone silent when his promise of no more tents on the streets backfired..spectacularly badly.
Expect more pushing the blame wherever they can over the coming months... cos you know most people apparently don't have an issue with migration. Its just the shinners, the doleys, the far right looneys etc

The Fine Gael shills line seems to be they cant do anything about it so don't even try lol

Little wonder their TDs are jumping ship

Part of the GFA and CTA arrangements were that there could be searches by authorities within 10 miles either side of the Border.
I'm hopeful that in my lifetime the border will be gone, but I recognise that for the moment it is still there.
How many times has this happened?

And those that think they are inhumanely treated in this country by having to stay in tents because we can't accommodate them. Who said anything about a formal checkpoint? Garda checkpoints have always operated around border areas.
Fock them, the do gooders have to realise that we currently simply do not have enough accommodation for asylum seekers.

After crossing the channel risking their lives I think that they would take their chances at the risk of the odd Garda checkpoint.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1:45pm

More events ▼