I Just Told a Recruitment Agent To Get Fucked

Seriously, who do they think they are? They make money out of us, not the other way round. I had this prick calling me at 8.15am when I'm trying to get ready for work, arranges an interview with me for 8.15 the following morning. I couldn't make it, left a message for him. He calls again yesterday morning at 8.20am. I usually don't even answer the phone at that time but thought it might be home and it's from a private number. I told him I was too busy to talk, told him I'd already proposed another time by e-mail and can he just mail me. Today, no mail, I mail him again to say can he confirm we are meeting this evening and i get a very curt mail back saying I was meant to call him and he already has interviews arranged and to call him again with a very 'you bold girl, you didn't do what I told you' tone. That totally put my back up so I just wrote back that if he can't simply propose a time to meet by e-mail I'll just forget about my interest in working with that agency. Fuck him. I know it's probably pms that made me bristle but this guy is so one of those "I have the power" recruitment agents and I hate those guys.

Seriously, who do they think they are? They make money out of us, not the other way round. I had this prick calling me at 8.15am when I'm trying to get ready for work, arranges an interview with me for 8.15 the following morning. I couldn't make it, left a message for him. He calls again yesterday morning at 8.20am. I usually don't even answer the phone at that time but thought it might be home and it's from a private number. I told him I was too busy to talk, told him I'd already proposed another time by e-mail and can he just mail me. Today, no mail, I mail him again to say can he confirm we are meeting this evening and i get a very curt mail back saying I was meant to call him and he already has interviews arranged and to call him again with a very 'you bold girl, you didn't do what I told you' tone. That totally put my back up so I just wrote back that if he can't simply propose a time to meet by e-mail I'll just forget about my interest in working with that agency. Fuck him. I know it's probably pms that made me bristle but this guy is so one of those "I have the power" recruitment agents and I hate those guys.
good for you, hope ya weren't too tactful in your telling him to get fucked

I was tactful but a smart-ass. I can't help it, I am a smart-ass. You just know this guy has been in the business about a year and is thrilled with himself and his powerful job.

oul doll have you considered committing your experiences into an anthology ?
I'm not taking the piss btw I just imagine a bestseller on the shelves.
If you need a literary agent I could suggest a name or two.

Actually, my dad is writing a novel and it's made me want to do that too. I haven't written creatively since school, and thinking back I used to nearly always do well in the essay competitions. I've been told a few times I should write creatively. It's just actually sitting down and taking the time to think about what to write about.
English was the one subject in school I enjoyed, and what do I go and do in college.....business. Ya. Great. Well done me.

I could be the next J.K.Rowling, then I could tell ALL the recruitment agents to get fucked!

Actually, my dad is writing a novel and it's made me want to do that too. I haven't written creatively since school, and thinking back I used to nearly always do well in the essay competitions. I've been told a few times I should write creatively. It's just actually sitting down and taking the time to think about what to write about.
English was the one subject in school I enjoyed, and what do I go and do in college.....business. Ya. Great. Well done me.

I could be the next J.K.Rowling, then I could tell ALL the recruitment agents to get fucked!

we all have our calling GO GIRL

heh heh

If I were you, I'd print out every thread I've started, chronologically, and that might give you inspiration for a fictional work. You write well, like. Grammatically and so on. And, believe it or not, your smart-assedness shows through (and I mean that in the best way possible).
You may also see patterns in your behaviour...

Or, just pick out the sex ones and have a guaranteed bestseller!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼