getting paperwork in the modern age

jaysus wept, some companies are an absolute pain in the hole to get invoices/statements from, particularly utility companies like vodafone, etc when one is trying to prepare end of year accounts for accountants and our chums in revenue

should be the simplest thing in the world to automatically email out a pdf of a statement on sept 1st every year showing ALL invoices and payments between two parties.... but apparently no

Eir are a nightmare.

they all are, it's a right dose. It should be law that if a customer requests a full statement that one MUST immediately be sent out.... takes about 5 seconds to generate one on even the most basic accounting software, you'd imagine big companies would be able to build it in so its done automatically on the end of the financial year

i spent nearly an hour with one adobe goon last week just explaining to him what a statement actually was, he hadn't a clue

they all are, it's a right dose. It should be law that if a customer requests a full statement that one MUST immediately be sent out.... takes about 5 seconds to generate one on even the most basic accounting software, you'd imagine big companies would be able to build it in so its done automatically on the end of the financial year

i spent nearly an hour with one adobe goon last week just explaining to him what a statement actually was, he hadn't a clue

Fully agreed.

Erra you are through to some outsourced call centre doing their IT, so you have to provide a load of info to get access to your own bloody financials.

Completely frustrating and inneficient.

EIR are a complete joke. Moved house and wanted to cancel the service. No sign of the account number on any of the paperwork I had. Went into the store and they directed me to their website.. No sign anywhere on the site about what I was looking for. then the bill still came. Wont be going there again.

jaysus wept, some companies are an absolute pain in the hole to get invoices/statements from, particularly utility companies like vodafone, etc when one is trying to prepare end of year accounts for accountants and our chums in revenue

should be the simplest thing in the world to automatically email out a pdf of a statement on sept 1st every year showing ALL invoices and payments between two parties.... but apparently no

This is an example of why the Michael O'Leary method would work. If you forget or don't have your boarding pass you get a charge to reprint it.
If they were being fined for not providing documentation on time that would change their tune. (although would probably forward the charges to the customer!!)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Red Hot Chilli Pipers
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

9th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Darren K

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼