Gerry Adams Stands Down As SF Leader.

Roxetten

Gerry Adams has announced this evening that he intends to step down as leader of Sinn Fein, he won't stand at the next general election and he will call for a special Ard Fheis in 2018 to convene to elect a new leader.

Is this another step closer to going into government?

Must be some shite finally ready to surface about him.

I think it's a step towards going into government with them tacitly admitting that they will go in as the junior party with either FF or FG, there is no other way that they can get into government in the current climate. Adams being off the scene might be worth a few extra seats to them aswell but they risk losing them and more if they go in as a junior coalition party, all they need to do is ask Labour how that works out.

I think it's a step towards going into government with them tacitly admitting that they will go in as the junior party with either FF or FG, there is no other way that they can get into government in the current climate. Adams being off the scene might be worth a few extra seats to them aswell but they risk losing them and more if they go in as a junior coalition party, all they need to do is ask Labour how that works out.

Yes, I believe you're right. I wonder will we now see them take their seats in the UK Parliament ?

Yes, I believe you're right. I wonder will we now see them take their seats in the UK Parliament ?

This evening Adams demanded that a referendum on Irish unity must take place within the next five years so I don't see them taking up their seats over there any time soon. Also, they see the fact that they currently have 7 MPs as a vindication of their abstentionist policy.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

23rd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

BoolaBoom

Levis Corner House, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼